Protein breakfasts please

Options
2»

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    If you have time to cook eggs—I also like eggs scrambled with cottage cheese in them. They never get “done” looking. Never really set. I like that soft, moist texture, as well as the cheesy taste. It adds protein.
  • bad_w0lf
    bad_w0lf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast casserole. It makes 4 servings.

-I throw in as many vegetables as I want, usually some fresh salsa because it's not watery and it's perfectly chopped veggies.
    -8 eggs, scrambled
    - half lb of ground sausage (I freeze the other half for next week's breakfast)
    - around .25 cup of whole milk
    - a serving and a half of shredded cheese

It works out to about 340 calories and 23 g of protien.

It's so filling it keeps me full until lunch time, which is really helpful as I work an office job where the desire for snacking all day is really tough to ignore.
  • jsteinberg108
    jsteinberg108 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast casserole at the beginning of the week. I get a tube of turkey sausage, low fat, brown it and crumble it up. Get a pack of frozen spinach and cook the water out of it in a saute pan. I then mix 6 whole eggs and twelve egg whites in a bowl with whatever seasoning I want to use. I spray an 8 by * baking pan with pam, layer the sausage and then spinach and then pour the egg mixture on top. I bake that at 350 for around 30-45 minutes or until it's set. Let cool and cut into six servings. I then put this in tupperware with a serving of oatmeal on the side.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Meal prep eggs in muffin tin. Real eggs or egg beaters. Meat of choice, veggies of choice, cheese of choice. They freeze well.
  • justanotherguy2020
    justanotherguy2020 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Meal prep eggs in muffin tin. Real eggs or egg beaters. Meat of choice, veggies of choice, cheese of choice. They freeze well.

That sounds good!
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

this is exactly what my husband and I are eating this week. the hubby added bacon to his I wanted mine to be like a vegetable omelet
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Fairlife have two kinds of protein drinks. One is 26g of protein for I believe 170 calories and the other is 42g of protein for 240 calories. I've had both in the chocolate flavor and they were both taste good to me, but I prefer the 42g one. The 26g one taste very sweet, while the 42g one taste like it was made with a darker chocolate so it doesn't taste as sweet even though it has more sugar in it.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Egg veggie cups or baked oatmeal with eggwhites are an easy go to for me. I also regularly add eggwhites to my home cooked oatmeal for an added protein boost. Make it further savory by adding sausage(I use vegetarian but turkey would be good here too) and a sprinkle of cheese.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I cook a spinach scramble, and sprinkle with a cheddar/queso cheese. Sometimes I add sausage! All that takes me 10 minutes.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I use Kodiak pancake mix and PB2 powder to make mug cakes at work. It is not low in carbs, but since most of focus right now is lowering my fat intake and upping my protein, it works well for me and keeps me full forever.

I do probably need to make some adjustments to it over time (add some fruit or something). But, right now I'm stil in the "just remembering to eat breakfast is important" stage. And I need something grab and go easy that doesn't take any time to cook at home.

On weekends, I usually have 1 or 2 meatless breakfast patties. Of those I've tried so far, Trader Joe's are my favorite followed by MorningStar. Weirdly, as someone that eats meat, I like Simple Truth the least because the texture is closest to meat...but it is like you are eating cheap sausage. The taste is good but the texture is not.
  • AASlender
    AASlender Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a scramble: one egg, one egg white, tiny piece of feta cheese, a little spinach, a little onion and a little sun dried tomato. It had a lot of flavor and really filled me up.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Kodiak instant oatmeal has 12 grams of protein, is ready in 45 seconds, and is delicious!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    If you have time to cook eggs—I also like eggs scrambled with cottage cheese in them. They never get “done” looking. Never really set. I like that soft, moist texture, as well as the cheesy taste. It adds protein.

I my try adding cottage cheese to my scrambled eggs. How much do you use?

Here's my current recipe:

de4195616c31b96977e5b35e506943bb.png
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I also have no time in the mornings, always rushing to feed 3 teenagers and get them all out the door on time.

Great ideas above. I do a protein smoothie with plain greek yogurt (15 grams protein) and vanilla plant based protein powder (21 grams protein) - equals about 36 grams of protein and under 300 calories.

Also, if you want eggs, google "egg breakfast muffins recipe", there are a bunch of different ways to make ahead muffin shaped little egg cups and then just pop one or two in the microwave each morning. You can add broccoli, ham, spinach, onion, cheese, whatever you want. Make a big batch on Sunday and reheat through the week.

Maybe I'll start making those again... they sound wonderful :).

I'm always looking for ways to add more protein since we don't eat meat (we do eat eggs and dairy).

Yes, lots of recipes for egg breakfast muffins on allrecipes.com and the reviewers agree that they freeze well.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Well, I got a disagree on my post. To each their own.

I got a degree on my post saying I had vegetables rotting in my compost bin ;)