Restarting for the 13479643th time

Options
I’m back on this again for the hundredth million time. I’m aiming to lose 95 pounds. I need encouragement, tips and tricks please. Maybe home exercise with no equipment. Sweet low calories snacks I crave ice cream or chocolate.

Replies

• sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Walk, walk walk! that is a great place to start..over ;-)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Very often, people who keep having to start over are picking a wagon that is more difficult than it needs to be!

All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit; how you eat and your activities should make it EASIER for you to hit your calorie goal. You don't have to do anything that makes you miserable to be successful :smile:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Welcome! It sometimes takes more than one attempt to make changes in a life, so keep trying!

And as long as you're in a deficit, there's room for chocolate and/or ice cream.

If you haven't discovered Halo Top and it's available in your area, try it. It's maybe not quite the same texture as regular ice cream but really...pretty good and definitely real chocolate punch. I also like the Chobani Flip yogurts, which have chocolate flavors that are really tasty and are portioned-controlled and high protein.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I missed your last sentence, so wanted to add: I find getting regular single serve style ice cream treats (like ice cream sandwiches or fudge-sicles) work better for me than "diet" ice creams, but for others products like Halo Top or Enlightened work better. I love Dove dark chocolate promises - they are only 40 calories but I find them quite satisfying, especially with a cup of mint green or black tea.
  • MarilynEuseary
    MarilynEuseary Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey kimny72, Thanks for the good advice, you're right, people do make it more difficult that it needs to be, I am following the Dr. Oz System20 and it is so simple that it is working.
  • No_turning_back
    No_turning_back Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm here again.. this time I'm doing it different. I'm committed to becoming healthy. I'm a mama of 4 and I want to be a better role model when it comes to self control and weight management. I remember always saying to myself by the time my youngest (10) is in first grade I'll be at my goal weight. She's now in 5th moving on to 6th. I'm sick and tired of my excuses and self pity. I want change. I'm craving it more now than ever.
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey me too! I find it easier when I log. I allow myself chocolate or whatever I want but I log it and try to keep under my calories. If I go over I don't beat myself up I just start again. I work in recovery and we are always saying one day, even one moment at a time...so it should work that way with eating too right? And keep goals in mind. You have to want healthy change more than you want to stay the same, so when you start thinking "why bother" remember your goals or come up with stronger ones that mean more to you. :)