Meal prep for next week done! (W/ pics)

Options
12 total meals, 3 different types. Each type made with the same amount of ingredients. Serving sizes based on package label

Chik pea angel hair pasta with rotisserie chicken and Wegmans cheese sauce (1 serving pasta, 2 oz chicken, 1/2 serving cheese sauce)

Jasmine White rice with rotisserie chicken and Wegmans cheese sauce (1 serving rice, 2.8 oz chicken, 3/4 serving cheese sauce)

Jasmine white rice with Rosina’s Italian meat balls and Amy’s Organic Cream of Mushroom (1 serving rice, 6 meat balls, 1 serving cream of mushroom)

Just thought I’d share for anyone looking for ideas. They run about 400-600 calories each and of course the serving sizes used can always be reduced or increased depending on your goals. It doesn’t take more than 25-30 minutes of total cook and package time. Bon appétit Lol

tgmkplyotjph.jpeg
nm88e33g7h3a.jpeg
2v7rn34rxr9m.jpeg
ku4ws0ms7d8o.jpeg
60udntir0udl.jpeg
xz384ombhy76.jpeg
w5un7dorinoz.jpeg
k9fsdskvidt6.jpeg
adh2asyhtd95.jpeg

Replies

• windra06
    windra06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    How do you store your prep do you freeze? I'd be worried about leaving food to sit in the fridge all week
  • braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    windra06 wrote: »
    How do you store your prep do you freeze? I'd be worried about leaving food to sit in the fridge all week

It stays fine in the fridge. It never sits more than 6 days, each mea gets microwaved 2:30-3:30 minutes before being eaten and I’ve been having them for 5 months and Haven’t gotten sick. I usually go with the smell test and they always smell and taste good within a week
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Wish I had the discipline. Glad it’s working for you!
  • Lish_40
    Lish_40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started my prep today I'm so excited.
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great strategy man, keep it up.
  • Blooperss
    Blooperss Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What is Wegmans cheese sauce? How's the taste? How many rotisserie chickens did you buy?

Sorry for all the questions, looks really good. Gave me some motivation to meal prep as well!
  • MileMarker641
    MileMarker641 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Blooperss wrote: »
    How many rotisserie chickens did you buy?

Costco sells its rotisserie chicken meat packaged/off the bone if you want to bypass the need to break down the chicken yourself. For myself, I am always on the lookout for a shortcut!
  • Blooperss
    Blooperss Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Costco sells its rotisserie chicken meat packaged/off the bone if you want to bypass the need to break down the chicken yourself. For myself, I am always on the lookout for a shortcut!

I'm also looking for shortcuts too! I was at Costco the other week and didn't see the prepackaged ones that are already boneless? Where did you find that?! I've always thought to myself how I would eat more rotisserie chicken if they weren't a full chicken in the package!
  • d3e4
    d3e4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Very cool. I need to do the same.
  • dyaneyoungs
    dyaneyoungs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work at Costco and we don’t package the chicken loose only the legs and half chickens
  • braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Blooperss wrote: »
    What is Wegmans cheese sauce? How's the taste? How many rotisserie chickens did you buy?

Sorry for all the questions, looks really good. Gave me some motivation to meal prep as well!

Wegmans is the grocery store and they have their own brand of items. It’s a regional chain primarily in WNY but they’re starting to expand out. Any kind of cheese sauce will do like alfredo for example. The Wegmans cheese sauce reminds me of digiornos alfredo sauce that I used to have when I was a kid but they discontinued it years ago. It’s a little sweeter than alfredo sauce. As far as the chicken, just 1. I’ve gotten pretty good at deboning it and can usually do that in 5-7 minutes now lol