NSV ~ I make people feel fat!

Options
It’s not as bad as it sounds... I was talking to my cousin and she told me that she has seen how well I have been doing and I have motivated her to try to get more exercise! And I quote, "Your sister and I have seen how good you are doing and you are making us feel fat. If you can do it, so can I. We've been trying to go out walking every day." As the person who use to make people feel thin because I was as heavy as I was, I consider it a NSV.

Let me clarify, I don't want to make people feel bad about themselves, but I'm really pleased that I am motivating people to be more active!

Replies

• cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    That's great! I hope to do that someday, too!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work. sounds like you're inspiring others, which is a good thing.
  • sldavis73
    Options
    It's contagious.. If you are working out, watching what you eat and feeling good about yourself, the people around you feel motivated! Especialy if you are feeling better about yourself, you carry yourself different and you get a little spunk to your step.. I have noticed that in other people and it has motivated me to get up and get moving..

good for you.. that is an awesome NSV!!!!!!!!

:)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! :) Hey, it was her words, not yours, so take the compliment!! Heehee
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV - made me laugh too!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you mean!!! I was with a good friend recently who's struggling with her weight loss and I'm doing so well... it was hard not to gloat just a little. I really want her to be successful too, but I'm so happy that I just can't stop smiling all the time!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Feels wonderful. don't it?
  • jonco
    jonco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you are saying. When I first started losing, a couple of people at work began to comment on how I looked like I had lost weight. Gradually more and more people started commenting and asking me how I was doing it. Some have even started using MFP. That's one of the best things about losing weight, motivating others to get healthy too.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    thats great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!