Why have I gained weight

Options
Is anybody firmiliar with spirit? I will continue this program. It’s still very early on but I have gained weight. Maybe this more more of an energetic problem ?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    MFP is a site for keeping track of your calories and calorie needs. If you ask your question here, your answer will be: because you aren't logging accurately enough.

Or at least: because you are consuming more calories than your body is using.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    MFP is a site for keeping track of your calories and calorie needs. If you ask your question here, your answer will be: because you aren't logging accurately enough.

Or at least: because you are consuming more calories than your body is using.

Or ask whether you have increased your exercise levels, eaten more salt or carbs than usual, TOM etc to try and account for water retention which can mask weight loss.
  • Alexandrajemal
    Alexandrajemal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much weight you've gained . if its a couple of pounds it could be water ... if your exercising it could be increase in muscle mass , you may have an increase in body fat because your simply not burning enough calories
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with this program, but a lot of information is missing your original post, so it's hard to give you a good answer. How many calories does this program have you on? Do you log your foods? If you log your foods how do you measure your portions? How many weeks have you been attempting to lose weight? Have you started any new exercise program or introduced some new modifications to an existing exercise program? Do you suspect water retention (eating something salty or carby, TOM, sickness, injury...etc)?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    kds2uprktvcn.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Love the flow chart!
    Good luck to the OP in finding your answers. Your post doesn't offer enough clues as to the whys but I need to check out the spirit program because I've never heard of it.