Can’t get back on track

Options
I lost 60 lbs slowly over 2 years was doing awesome then I had a bad relapse with my panic attack and anxiety disorder. Had to adjust meds and added an anxiety med. I’ve been struggling to get back to eating healthy and haven’t got back into working out as I’m just not up to that place yet. I’m so frustrated things changed so quickly. I’m lost at how to start again

Replies

• designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    ((((Tinker bell)))). Get your bloodwork done and get the right medications for you. I had to change some meds and add 5000 iu vitamin d3. Getting all that in order can make a world of difference.

Next, find an easily attainable form of physical activity you can do regularly, just to get you moving again. Sometimes just starting again is the hardest part.

When you feel ready, start logging or watching what you’re eating. Baby steps in the right direction all add up. Don’t beat yourself up. We all are on our own journey and it is not a race. You deserve to be happy in your body and you can totally get there again.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Did you keep the weight off that you previously lost? If so... or at least most of it... celebrate that instead! Sometimes a break from losing is what we just need for a time.
  • vegasgirl0825
    vegasgirl0825 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @Tinkerbell_1961 I have a really hard time being motivated if I'm not prepared. I just started back on (I have lost almost 100 pounds a couple different times in my life and gained it back.) I have found though, that I have more success if I plan ahead, and that includes having snacks pre-portioned and ready to go. On Sunday's I portion out all my fruits, veggies, cottage cheese, shredded chicken, hard boiled eggs, etc., so that when I'm packing my lunch/snacks for work I have things ready to grab. Otherwise, I tend to grab nothing and then eat bad food from the kitchen at work (I am a teacher). It also helps when I get home in the afternoons and I'm hungry before dinner...instead of grabbing a bag of chips, I'll grab something that I already have ready to go. It just seems like too much work to cut something up when I'm hungry. So just a suggestion for snacks, because starting that would be at least one step in the right direction.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I’ve been having the same feelings lately. My seasonal depression has been brutal this year and I feel like I’m finally emerging from a two-month coma. I’ve just started back a bit at a time. I’ve been going to my training sessions at the gym, but still working my way back to 4 days a week. I gained a little weight that I need to take back off, so I’m doing baby steps there too. Right now, I’m working on just tracking consistently. Trying to stay under my goal calories for weight loss, but not really focusing on that. Next week, I’m hoping to add meal planning/prep to that.

Just start with baby steps, build a track record of progress with each step and add things back into the mix at whatever pace I need to—that’s my plan.
  • Tinkerbell_1961
    Tinkerbell_1961 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice and good luck to you too !!
    I don’t belong to a gym as with my hours to travel to work then work then travel home I can’t go to a gym as well and I can’t afford it
    I’m going to start being very focused on eating healthy and staying under my calorie count. Also at least at work I go for a 15 min walk daily now and also I do the 8 flights of stairs twice daily hoping it helps
  • sssup
    sssup Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Keep going with all the efforts you’re already putting in! Remember that weight loss is a game of patience so don’t try to rush it or implement too many unsustainable new habits at once!

Every time I fall off the wagon (it happens a lot) I take a week, sometimes I need more or less time, to recalibrate myself. I usually fall off during high stress times or holiday periods. Which means A LOT of processed foods that induce high levels of cravings. I personally begin by eating whatever I want as long as it’s home cooked fresh food. I do this intentionally to reduce cravings while allowing myself to not feel immediately restricted. Once I feel ready I begin lowering my consumption until I reach my goal allotment. The rest is just consistency from there.

I like to focus on nutrition first. Once I feel like nutrition has been handled if my fitness training also took a plummet during the fall off the wagon I’ll then slowly begin implementing a few workouts per week. I never go fully just jump back on the wagon. It’s just about consistency not perfection. Always being able to call yourself out when you’re deviating from your goals.

You can totally do this! Just don’t ever give up.