500lb+ lbs starting for the 700th time

Options
Hi all. I think I'm posting to the right place, I've never used the community feature of this app before so that's a change this time. Now I'm 510lba and at my highest was 540. I'm not ignorant to the fact that my horrible diet and lack of exercise has caused me to get to this point.

At 28 I've chosen to try again. I've tried a lot over the years and managed at one point to lose 80lbs. This time I've started keto as a diet as I have support real life from others doing it as well. I was talking at work today and had to admit before this week I hadn't used my stove or oven in over a year, which is sad.

I've been doing keto a week and lost 8lbs of water weight most likely but this is the longest I've stuck to any type of diet without cheating probably ever. I'm determined to stick with it, but realize I can not do it alone. So hello everyone!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,699 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 8 lb loss....Wishing you the very best on your journey...Feel free to add me if you want a cheerleader while you are on your journey :)
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! Hope keto works well for you, and congratulations on a very good start!
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me back for the 100th time probably. The heaviest I have EVER been currently.
  • Lanamasha55
    Lanamasha55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on persisting! I hope you find some keto meals that you love. Personally, I've been seeing weight loss results being on a vegan diet (and loving the recipes I found so far). Pinterest and youtube are your friend when it comes to healthy recipes and motivation. Have a great journey and enjoy!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Stay strong and use lots of positive self-talk, none of this 'try' business. :) Plus don't forget to take a photo journey to remind yourself of where you've been and your successes along the way!!! Make small goals, maybe 5-10 lb. losses at a time. Keep counting calories and add more movement as you feel able to.
    Wishing you the very best of luck, you CAN do this.
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do this.
    Make realistic short term goals, then force yourself to stick to them.
  • CarleyMarie83
    CarleyMarie83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your commitment :) if you would like a friend feel free to add me :)
  • matthewsfarm
    matthewsfarm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So very proud of you! My highest was 327, so I understand. I am at 279 and hope to get to 165. I already know this WILL work because this is different from anything I have ever tried. Two things-do the food entry religiously because it keeps you honest and try the intermittent fasting. If Keto is too restrictive, find something else. You have to find something you can live with for the rest of your life.