Type 2 Diabetes warriors - let's support one another

I'm currently on Metformin 2,000 mg and Glipizide 10mg...looking for warriors who battle the daily struggles of health and fitness while on the roller coaster ride called TYPE 2 DIABETES!

Please add me and let's support one another!

Cheers!
Donnie

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Hi! I’m also type 2. Lost 125 lbs and my a1c went from 11 when diagnosed to 4.9 now! You can do this! I sent you a friend request.
  • Fergie2273
    Fergie2273 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm type 2.....
  • Alliebaba510
    Alliebaba510 Posts: 5 Member
    I’m type2 for over 30 years. I’m 60. I lost 60 lbs 2 years ago and slowly gained 25 back. I’m back in losing mode and taking a day at a time. Weight loss is the key to my A1C.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I’m 67 and was just told I’m pre diabetic. My BS is 100 fasting. I’m finding it hard to cut carbs because I love bread and ice cream. Any suggestions?
  • stewartkm29
    stewartkm29 Posts: 81 Member
    I'm type 2 and have lost 116 lbs, However, I still struggle with diabetes being high at times. I take metformin 2,000 mg and a second pill it's new on the market can't recall the name.. Some people have their diabetes improves and some don't. Was told by doctor it all depends on the individual make-up of the person. However, my blood pressure went from extremely high, on 2 types of meds now off BP meds. It's normal and has been for a long time. It's all depends on the person. Weight loss, eating habits, and exercise, as you know are very still very important. You could be one those people to have your sugar drop to a normal range and perhaps not need meds anymore. I really hope you are. 😃

Wish you the very best in your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • fitchick37
    fitchick37 Posts: 124 Member
    I’m type 1 and hope you don’t mind me crashing this party!
  • yrkopperman
    yrkopperman Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I was diagnosed with T2 back in October and downloaded the app the same day as my diagnosis as a way to keep track of carbs. I’ve lost 20lbs. so far.
  • phoenixrising5721
    phoenixrising5721 Posts: 2,252 Member
    I aim as well. Lost over 40 pounds and my a1c went from 13.9 to 5.6