What are some Tasty 100 cal snacks ... GO!

Options
I need good on the go snacks that are yummy. Any suggestions ?! Thanks 😊

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    String cheese/cheese stick, hard boiled egg, meat stick or individual beef jerky, granola bar, applesauce pouch, cup of pudding, cut up vegetables, fruit of various sorts. 100 cal pretzel or popcorn pack.
  • Bri_ree_13
    Bri_ree_13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! This is so helpful .
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    second the 100 calorie jerky pack idea.. they started putting those out where I work recently. I ate like 3 of them which kind of defeats the purpose, but still
  • angelkisses2282
    angelkisses2282 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The oh snap pickle pouches are good
  • Trixie568
    Trixie568 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened applesauce cups
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Kind bars, they're gluten free, and sweetened with honey
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Depending on your definition of "on the go," low calorie/high protein ice cream bars. Enlightened, Halo Top, Chilly Cow, Yasso, etc. all make bars around 100 calories each. You can take them with you, just eat them before they melt :)

I also like mini protein bars, or the ones marketed to kids, if I don't have enough calories for a full size one. Think Kids and Luna minis are both good.

If you want an "energy" bar (lower protein, more carbs), then Clif, Larabar, Kind, etc. all make mini options.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Apple, small banana, orange, nectarine, etc.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love pretzels - not exactly nutritionally excellent, but it helps the crunch/salt craving and I feel like I get enough.

Air Popped Pop Corn is great too - they sell really great low calorie seasonings too.

Can you tell I'm a salt/savory person, not a sweet person? LOL
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I like a boiled egg, small piece of extra mature cheddar or banana, for a more natural snack.

But I'm also leaning heavily on the plethora of high-fibre cereal or cake bars at the moment. Fibre One have a nice range of cake squares. I really love the chocolate brownie. 5g of fibre for 90kcals. I'm also liking the Alpen Light cereal bars. The cherry bakewell one (4g fibre, 66kcals) was really tasty, although more of a 'healthy snack bar' feeling, as opposed to the rather moist chocolate brownie!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Fibre One bars, around 90cals each and very tasty.
  • anniecave1
    anniecave1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I make my own snack bars. They're quite easy to do, I use oats as a base, then add things like dried fruit or nuts, and my usual version I add some mashed banana and egg and cook them in the oven. My cheat version is to buy premade granola, mix with egg, and straight onto a tray and cook in the oven. I've got another version with oats with cheese and seeds with egg to bind them together, then cooked in the oven.

I also make up stuffing balls - sage and onion flavour (from a packet) - so tasty. I left the last batch I did in the oven far longer than they should have been but they were super crispy and I prefer them that way!

My current favourite snack I've only just discovered as a combination - Ryvita spread with tomato puree and cottage cheese - I'm in the UK I'm not sure how common Ryvita is where you are. Crisped Rye crackers anyway.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Bud Light?
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Oven grilled or charcoal grilled mushrooms stuffed with cottage cheese, herbs, ginger, touch of garlic and fresh chilies.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Strawberries with Black Pepper, a small apple, small slice of cheese, kid size chocolate bar, any pre-portioned nuts/snacks/etc.
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Freeze-dried fruit, popcorn, apple, banana, five hershey kisses, jello, cereal (honeycombs, crispix, fruit loops) can all be portioned out to 100 calories
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    i bring to work light cheese sticks (50 calories) Jack links individually wrapped jerky (50 calories)light buttered microwavable popcorn (100 calories for the whole bag) Fiber one brownies (70 cal)