What's your favourite cardio machine?

Options
What's your favourite cardio machine?

For me, I would have to say the rowing machine as it is low impact but it also recruits both upper and lower body muscles.

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Right now: treadmill and stationary bike. I have also used elliptical a lot in the past.

In general, In general, I think it's best to mix it up.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Rowing and ARC Fitness.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I loath indoor cardio machines and would much prefer to be on my road bike or mountain bike. It's winter right now so that makes things more difficult as it is dark in the morning and evening when I have available time, so I take a spin class once per week and use the spin bikes at the gym to do some moderate indoor cycling on another night. On weekends I like to get outside and ride if it's nice enough (usually is). I prefer the spin bikes to the usual indoor bikes.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Spin bike
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of indoor cardio. If I absolutely can't run or cycle outside I will run on the dreadmill or go to spin class.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I like bikes and treadmill the best. But tried and Arc Trainer last time I was a the gym for the first time and like that too.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Outdoor bicycles for preference, indoor bikes for training and avoiding poor weather conditions.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Outdoor bike.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    I can't say I like my rowing machine, but it helps keep me in adequate shape to row my rowing shell, once the river thaws out (then it sits idle all summer ;) ). Spinning is fun, too, when stuck indoors.

You're right, the rowing machine uses lots of muscle groups. A thing to be aware of, though, if you do a lot of it, is that it's unbalanced: All lower body push, upper body pull. It's a good plan to add other exercise to balance out the muscle groups. Doing more with upper body push, particularly around the shoulders (for rotator cuff benefits), is especially important for injury avoidance long-term.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    My bowflex max trainer...

It's been a game changer and a knee saver
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My road bike!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    I just tried and fell in love with the stair treadmill, I've done it every time I've been to the gym lately. My main cardio is my exercise bike at home, I can read novels and get a good workout at the same time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    My bicycle. :) Outside.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Indoors: Elliptical or Recumbent Bike
    Outdoors: Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,449 Member
    Options
    My feet.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Yesss!!! Love mine too
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Stairmaster. nothing else gets my heart rate up so quickly. try walking quickly up a long flight of stairs and see how winded you get.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Same here. I've had my M5 for 3 years and have used it almost every single day since. It's still hard!! Lol. But it is a great workout.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    my 20 year old spin bike. (it sat lonely for 16 years)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Yesss!!! Love mine too

Same here. I've had my M5 for 3 years and have used it almost every single day since. It's still hard!! Lol. But it is a great workout.

th?id=OGC.3d92cdefecf950fe3ac71ce7ba0e4d56&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fa3pE20V9aadKU%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=s5egOSB5fEpFm%2f2R0eBfbUClLDtLAvez%2fy6bSluqLyA%3d