Hot drinks?

Options
Hi, just wondering if on your diaries you include drinks like cups of tea or coffee please? Or do you just do your food?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I log coffee, but I don't log tea. There is no logic to this, it's just an arbitrary decision I made back when I first started logging.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    For the most part if something has calories I log it. I don't log coffee though because it ends up being something like 2 calories. I log the milk and sugar I add to it only.

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    Coffee or tea are typically zero calories...now the sugar and cream.. or honey you add is another story.
  • LouVee186000
    LouVee186000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I also log coffee but not tea. I drink my coffee black but i like to log the few calories and also it’s a way to track caffeine input. I drink mostly herbal teas and those always show as zero calories so I ultimately stopped logging them. I only drink coffee maybe once a week.

Good luck on the journey!
  • oceangirl99
    oceangirl99 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Nope - just like I don't log water- but I use coffee mate and I log that.
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I only log the stuff I add to my tea or coffee as those have various amounts of calories that wou shouldn’t skip logging
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I log things that have calories.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I log coffee and tea. Cold brew is estimated at 5 calories, haven't seen tea calories so far and I've had a lot in the last year. I log spices most of the time too, especially recipes. I'm not going to gain weight off them, just got into the habit out of curiosity and it stuck.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I don't add anything to coffee or tea, and I don't log it. I'm sure it adds up some over the day, but it's still not much and I don't care since I drink it every day so if my losses were less than expected I'd just adjust cals overall (and not stop drinking the coffee/tea).

The exception is when I'm logging at Cron and am very close to my potassium goal but haven't hit it yet I might log coffee since it has some potassium.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I only drink black coffee and fruit tea so I don't bother logging it. If I stop losing then I might tighten up, but for now I don't feel the need. (Not a hot drink, but I take the same view about no added sugar squash).
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I don't log my tea, but I should start because I want to drink more water and less tea. So I will probably log the two large mugs in the morning around breakfast, the full 40 oz iced tea at lunch, the hot tea in the afternoon after napping, and the iced tea at dinner. I already log chai tea with cream when I have that instead of my afternoon tea, and the hot chocolate with whipped cream that I have in the evening after dinner.

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I put heavy cream or half and half in my coffee and it adds up to about 200 calories a day. (Don't at me. It's one of the few things I swallow that I actually like.) Yes, I log it.

ETA: for a variety of reasons yesterday, that 200 calories was 20% of my intake.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    since i don't add anything to either, i don't log either. for the most part the calories are negligible.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I log coffee even though I drink it black just to track my caffeine consumption. I drink 2-3 mugs a day.