Weight loss challenge at work

Options
detsifer
detsifer Posts: 1 Member
I would like to do a weight loss challenge at work, include guys and girls but the girls think it's not fair because men shed pound faster than women I told them it's true but I feel this way we can challenge ourselves a little harder! Is it fair?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I never thought work was a good place for these type of things. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Photo shoot at the end with everyone in banana hammocks. Make a calendar. Winner gets to watch everyone else eat snacks because well that why you won and they lost
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Make sure you include the walking distance and calories lost from the constant trips to the HR office.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    We are doing this at our office right now but we are doing % lost, its hopefully just going to be fun, its a small office so theres only 11 of us participating
  • Mileysoot
    Mileysoot Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know intentions are good with this kind of thing, but often times it creates a bad work environment. Granted, I’m not sure what your occupation is or how your relationship is with your coworkers, but I’ve seen these challenges generate hostility, jealousy, gossip, etc in the work place.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Gotta do different categories by age and gender
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i have never worked at a place where these things created hostility. But i agree with those who suggest maybe doing either a percentage or doing a total calorie burn or something different that weight lost, in order to compensate for various factors.