My journey back to life

Options
So i started here on Monday, January 13, 2020 at 272 lbs. My goal was to lose 2 lbs a week, with a final goal of 100 lbs. Sooo I'm looking at a year. But that's okay. It's a healthy rate of loss. I've done well so far. I've kept under my calorie goal every day but today. And I'm only over a wee bit today. When i weighed in this morning i was down to 269.2. Yay! This weekend i want to add body measurements to my tracking. Lots of salads and fruit, which i love! Homemade meals every day. I plan ahead for mostly healthy options with a few indulgences so i don't feel deprived while still staying within my calorie allowance. So far so good!

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got the hang of it. :) One day at a time and you'll get there!
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That's a great start! Best of luck to you!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track. Stay patient and consistent and you will get there.

I'm glad you don't have an unrealistic goal to lose a lot of weight quickly.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I like the whole concept of "weight loss isn't linear". There will be some weeks where you'll lose 3 to 5 lbs., followed by weeks where you lose nothing at all. Maybe even show you're up a pound or two. GACK! But perseverance is the key. I weighed in daily during my 55 lb. weight loss. There were MANY days that showed no loss or even a slight gain, only to be followed by a loss later. Go get 'em!
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    I like the whole concept of "weight loss isn't linear". There will be some weeks where you'll lose 3 to 5 lbs., followed by weeks where you lose nothing at all. Maybe even show you're up a pound or two. GACK! But perseverance is the key. I weighed in daily during my 55 lb. weight loss. There were MANY days that showed no loss or even a slight gain, only to be followed by a loss later. Go get 'em!

^^^^^^ THIS !!! ^^^^^^^
    You've certainly seem to have your head straight. Patience is tricky... There will be waves, tsunamis perhaps and you WILL keep going, and you WILL continue to make progress. It's all so so so so worth it :)

We're in this together girl !
    :wink:
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ...and there will be days where you “fall off the wagon”, weddings, vacations, sick, etc. hell, I’ve gained back 4 lbs on one of these weekends. Don’t get discouraged when this happens. Just checkpoint and get back on schedule. Sometimes just maintaining is progress.

It’s a lifestyle.