Snack ideas

Options
laffek
laffek Posts: 20 Member
I’m counting calories and eating 3 meals and two snacks per day. There is 6 hours between my breakfast and lunch due to work schedule, so I need a pretty hearty snack in between so I’m not completely famished by lunch. The time between lunch and dinner is about 5 hours.
Even though I’m counting calories, when I look at my macros at the end of the day my fat percentage is way too high, about 50%! I’m thinking it’s my snacks (apple with peanutbutter or cheese; veggies with ranch dip)
I need some low fat, but filling snack ideas please! (I also try to avoid artificial sweeteners)
Anybody have any low fat, filling snacks they love?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    It's really okay if your fat is a bit high.

When I was in weight loss I cut back my carbs a bit so that pushed my fats up to 50% or more. I do watch my Saturated Fats though. The peanut butter is good, maybe not so much the Ranch dressing for me.

Snacks:
    Cottage cheese with peaches
    Hummus and vegetables on toast
    Protein, nuts, fruit smoothie
    Low fat Greek yogurt with a few berries

I try to get protein, carbs and fat in every meal and snack.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    The peanut butter and ranch will put you over. Try mixing dry ranch mix with plain Greek yogurt. For the peanut butter you can use powdered PB mixed with water. Or some people use dry PB mixed with Greek yogurt for an apple dip
  • laffek
    laffek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas! Thanks!
  • bighoopattitude
    bighoopattitude Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a nice addition, but absolutely useless if you need to feel somewhat full in a 6 h gap.

I like clementines. Not filling, but the energy hits you instantly. It’s orange crack. Definitely great for that 2 PM brick wall.

Filling or volume foods that are low on calories are naked vegetables. Hard to bake them at work, but if you can purchase a small steamer you can have quite the snack for so few calories.

Cup a soup has a lot of sodium, but I find them filling.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    How could anyone help not knowing your total daily calorie goal?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like fruit with a low fat cheese stick or
    flavored light Greek yogurt(80-90cal). Vegetables with dip made from dry veg soup mixed in plain yogurt. A few chicharrones with pico. Protein bar.