joooliebug Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Run a race (5k, 10k, or half) in every state in the United States
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    No bucket list, and it makes me feel kinda bad, or ashamed or something.

I like my days, I do what I want as best I can. If an opportunity arises or an idea comes to me and interests me, I try to make it happen. But I don't like pre-planning, I'm often disappointed or underwhelmed, like "this is it?".

I like to do what I feel like doing in the moment, as often as I can.

Most of my vacations and accomplishments I find myself not really enjoying as they happen, but more often so in retrospect.

Why feel bad, or ashamed of not having a bucket list? I'd rather live "In the moment" more than a life of pre-planned agendas and what not. This doesn't mean to not plan for a big event.

As to vacations, most of mine are scheduled less than 1-2 months out due to plan tickets, etc. I also don't do "vacations" in the traditional sense. Most of my time off work is travelling to a tournament, or other event that I haven't been to in that location, and then spending time after seeing the sights or visiting people who I might happen to know.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I like my days, I do what I want as best I can. If an opportunity arises or an idea comes to me and interests me, I try to make it happen. But I don't like pre-planning, I'm often disappointed or underwhelmed, like "this is it?".

Most of my vacations and accomplishments I find myself not really enjoying as they happen, but more often so in retrospect.

Why feel bad, or ashamed of not having a bucket list? I'd rather live "In the moment" more than a life of pre-planned agendas and what not. This doesn't mean to not plan for a big event.

As to vacations, most of mine are scheduled less than 1-2 months out due to plan tickets, etc. I also don't do "vacations" in the traditional sense. Most of my time off work is travelling to a tournament, or other event that I haven't been to in that location, and then spending time after seeing the sights or visiting people who I might happen to know.

Thanks, and after thinking it through...I'm pretty true to myself
    I had an initial feeling about this idea that I don't have any future "goals"
    ...but really and true to my personality I just want to take those ideas and whims and go with it in in the moment, instead of a countdown list!
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Thanks, and after thinking it through...I'm pretty true to myself
    I had an initial feeling about this idea that I don't have any future "goals"
    ...but really and true to my personality I just want to take those ideas and whims and go with it in in the moment, instead of a countdown list!

I was thinking why wait until you’re given a limited time to live to write a list of things you want to do?
    Ive never made plans before and would live each day as it comes, take opportunity as they arise if it’s something I wanted to do.

Currently things don’t look great for me, so I’m talking about living in the moment and do those things I want to do now because no one truly knows when that inevitable moment of death will be.

Anyway why wait until they arise go out there and do what you want to do if you die at least you really lived instead of just existed 👍
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    We're working on one of my bucket list items this summer... Walking the Camino de Santiago!

My dearest friend and her dh did this pilgrimage fall of 2019. She said it was absolutely amazing!! Enjoy!
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    It’s either contentment or apathy, but I have no bucket list.

I don't either but it's more practical fatalism on my part. I don't want to be lying there on my deathbed in hospice regretting all the things I didn't tick off. No list, no regrets.

Same. I've also never had the type of job/salary where I could entertain the thought of just taking off a month to search my soul while walking the Great Wall of China or being able to afford a personal trainer for 1-yr.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I just want my VCR to stop flashing 12:00
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

what's a VCR ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

what's a VCR ;)

get off my lawn.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    travel bucket list
    Japan
    Vietnam
    India
    Thailand
    Bali
    Philipinnes
    Myanmar
    (the above hopefully the winter after i retire in 5 years)
    Morroco
    Egypt
    Greece

and dream list
    The QE2 NYC - London
    The orient express
    the Steamship Sudan up and down the Nile on a yearly cruise that is done in period 20s style http://www.steam-ship-sudan.com/en/the-steamer/cabins-and-suites/
    The Eastern and Oriental Express Bangkok to Singapore

All 4 need to be done in luxury with classic steamer trunks and a valet to deal with them ;) ...without a lotto win I am not sure I will manage any of them but you can dream
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options

Omg IM SO JELLY!!!! On a scale from 1-10 how was it???

a million x infinity. I did it again a year later and took my dad lol, and im going again next year. i'll keep going as many times as i can. i can't recommend it enough!!!
  • emailnumber308
    emailnumber308 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Traveling outside the U.S. is definitely on my bucket list. I'll be traveling to Greece and Canada by the end of the year🤘
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    For right now, my one I’d like to do first is hike Havasupai and climb down to Mooney falls before I get to the point of being physically unable to do it. I’m not at that point now and doesn’t look like I will be anytime soon, but we never really know when that will be, so the sooner the better.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options

Omg IM SO JELLY!!!! On a scale from 1-10 how was it???

a million x infinity. I did it again a year later and took my dad lol, and im going again next year. i'll keep going as many times as i can. i can't recommend it enough!!!

So amazing. Good luck post pics!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    This:elu0kro1jiy0.jpeg

This isn't on my bucket list but I kind of want to get in a fight with one of these. Like I'll have a bowie knife strapped to my thigh and be swimming in the ocean. And one of these will come up & try to bite me, so I'll latch onto its upper fin and start stabbing it to death. I'm guessing I'll catch a lot of heat for saying this, but hey, y'all kill cockroaches and spiders in your homes 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d watch this but i make no promises for who I’d be cheering for
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I make a bucket list every year on my birthday and every year I add on one more thing. So this year I will have 34 things to do. The big item this year will be visiting Scotland with a hopeful trip to London and Ireland as well, but that will have to make sense at the time.
  • Motorsheen
    edited January 2020
    Options
    This:elu0kro1jiy0.jpeg

This isn't on my bucket list but I kind of want to get in a fight with one of these. Like I'll have a bowie knife strapped to my thigh and be swimming in the ocean. And one of these will come up & try to bite me, so I'll latch onto its upper fin and start stabbing it to death. I'm guessing I'll catch a lot of heat for saying this, but hey, y'all kill cockroaches and spiders in your homes 🤷🏻‍♂️

This diver has the right idea

kqxpbizrf8vk.jpg

..... until the fish turns around.