Give me "peachy" ideas :)

Options
Have been reading James and the Giant Peach to my son and we are almost done. I thought it would be fun when we are finished to make a desert with peaches. What do you guys think? I want to make something that is still healthy or at least not the worst buttery thing in the world. :bigsmile:
Thanks.

Replies

• live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    How about a peach tart made with phyllo dough...

Here's a low cal recipe that looks good: http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/summer/r/peachtarts.htm
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You'd have to search for it, but when I was in weight watchers I made a very good peach dessert cobbler type dish. It was 3 pts for a good size piece.
  • jencoz04
    jencoz04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I made peach cobbler last night

6c of peaches (recipe called for 4c)
    1/4c sugar (recipe called for 1/2c)
    1/4t cinnamon
    1T cornstarch

1c bisquick
    1/3c milk
    2T sugar

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat peaches, sugar, cinnamon, & cornstarch. Bring to a boil, boil 1 min. Put in 8x8 pan.

Mix together bisquick, milk & sugar. Drop by the spoonful on peach mixture. Bake 25-30 min. Top with whip cream

I upped the fruit & cut the sugar & it was still very very yummy.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peaches!

Our fave recipie is made on the grill.

Take a peach and halve it, remove pit and fill center with blueberries (also made with raspberries or blackberries!)
    sprinkle about 1 tsp of brown sugar over the top and wrap in foil. Grill about 10 minutes (depending on how ripe your peaches are to begin with)

dump packet into a bowl and enjoy.. or splurge and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream while its warm and has the amazing syrup from the berries and sugar.. AMAZING!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    One of my friends made particles. She has Popsicle molds and put cut up peaches into vanilla yogurt, put them in the molds and let em freeze!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Peach Crisp...
    (there's lots of good recipes online for it).. the topping is 1/2 whole rolled oats and 1/2 flour (i substitute whole grain flour for the all purpose usually called for).. if the recipe calls for butter in the 'crisp' you can substitute oil *S*
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Peaches and cottage cheese! So yummy and low cal!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love James and the Giant Peach one of my favorites...funny i always wanted peaches when i read it...

my vote is for Peach Crisp
  • TheDudette
    Options
    Grill a peach! It sounds strange but it is AMAZING! About 5 minutes on medium heat and it gets warm and soft. Put a little whipped cream, cool whip, ice cream, or yogurt on top. AWESOME!!
  • lizzygrl1981
    Options
    My daughter and I love watching that movie :)

I love doing peaches on the grill also. There's so many things you can top them with, cook them with etc. My favorite is just grilled then topped with cool whip.
  • tashacan
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Gonna try the grilled peaches! Sounds DELISH!
  • punk_mama
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Gonna try the grilled peaches! Sounds DELISH!

Grilling them does sound awesome!! I might try the next time we go camping!

Thanks for the great recipies guys!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Grilled peaches with a bit of vanilla ice cream - TO DIE FOR!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but I'd like to say James and the Giant Peach is my favorite movie! How I've not read the book before, I have NO idea, but still. I've been on a mission to read the childhood classics I somehow missed, so eventually I'll get there :)
  • punk_mama
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but I'd like to say James and the Giant Peach is my favorite movie! How I've not read the book before, I have NO idea, but still. I've been on a mission to read the childhood classics I somehow missed, so eventually I'll get there :)

It's really a great book. It will not take you long to read it.

Next book.....probably Charlie and the chocolate factory! Can't wait for that yummy treat at the end!