Looking to lose 20 lbs: Accountability Partners Welcomed

Options

Replies

• Victory1980
    Victory1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi..one libre down this week. Not very happy but it's a start. I am on my period this week so it might be a reason. I was on 1200 calories every day and half an hour, twice a day doing cardio. Hope I'll do better next week.
  • pgbronson
    pgbronson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SW: 166
    GW: 140 by mid-July
    Graduate from grad school mid-May. My instructor, who is amazing, keeps encouraging us that we want to look our best at graduation. I’m the only one with significant weight to lose so I’m using this to springboard to be a healthy nurse practitioner. What I tell patients everyday and how I live seem so disconnected. Looking to live a personal life where people look at me and know health is a priority without saying a word.
    Grad date: 5/15 - target goal by then 148.
    Run 5xweek.

Watched Fat to Finish Line and really looking for a group to cheer on to healthier lifestyle and to help support me as well.
    Happy to post weekly to encourage others and be held accountable.

I have no idea how to add people to MFP but will research over next week. Let’s do this!
    t94pi6o85pox.jpeg
  • kavonariyon
    kavonariyon Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello every one. It’s been a week since my last check in but I’m still the same weight. Not surprised since I succumbed to eating as my teenage sisters did when they were at my house.
  • zoeee369
    zoeee369 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! I am looking for some accountability partners as well :) I am currently 162 lbs at 5’8 and want to get down to 145 this year. I have been that weight about 3 years ago but been steadily ticking up for a while. Really need to get myself back on track by tracking and getting back into working out! Would love some accountability here and maybe even forming a group chat on whatsapp or something? Please add me!
  • munkeehaven
    munkeehaven Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi all, I have a similar amount of weight to lose.

Height: 5'6
    SW: 176 lbs
    GW: 154 lbs

Eating pretty healthily but have had to cut down on the high energy foods such as nut butters and dates. Have lost 2 lbs since I began 10 days ago. On 1400 calories per day but generally go over that limit by 200-300 calories. Jumping rope 5x a week.
  • kavonariyon
    kavonariyon Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Start (for this challenge): 193
    Current: 188
    Goal: 170

Still very slow progress but I haven’t been doing much exercising & my eating is all over the place (sometimes not enough)
  • munkeehaven
    Options
    I haven't seen much movement on the scales so I have taken body measurements, as I do feel a bit trimmer. Will weigh myself in another week and see. Finding it hard to stick to the 1400 calories a day, exercising is easier!
  • piper174
    piper174 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I absolutely need accountability! I want to lose 10 or 12 pounds. I have made a few small changes but all gains are lost on the weekend. I’ve been sick with a cold for about a week and my appetite seems insatiable.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Come on over!! You should join our awesome team that holds people accountable while having a community of support and encouragement!!

u1sxr1rye1ds.jpeg

February Registrations are open!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10782182/febuary-registration-1-26-2-8-2020#latest
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    This is not the registration link fyi, you will need to head over to our team page! Hope to see you there!
  • harmon_jessica
    harmon_jessica Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yikes-
    Current: 200
    Benchmark- 175 by 5/1
    Goal-150 by 9/1

I need help with accountability! I am great at starting and terrible at maintaining a plan. It seems that I have a lot more to lose than many in this group, and I would love to learn from everyone in this group
  • munkeehaven
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Bought a 16kg kettlebell today to add to my workouts (currently just doing jump rope). Hoping it will help with getting stronger as well as leaner.
  • saarahmurphy
    saarahmurphy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 5’3 and have about 30lbs left to lose. Would love accountability friends :)
  • pgbronson
    pgbronson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good and challenging week, grad school restarted, eating within budget x6 days, started big family disagreement, resolved and had amazing weekend with fam (who knew that would work out so well, without me eating to chill my emotions!). Yesterday, ate too many sugar-coated peanuts due to hunger. Still tweaking my calorie goals with exercise daily targets. Weight down yesterday but those peanuts are hanging onto my hips and taunting me on my scale, weight up today. Running much faster than a month ago. From 4.8-5.0 mph up to 5.6-6.0. Crazy, I know. Will enjoy for now, doubtful it will change this much in the future.

Goals for week: record all the food I eat. Be honest. 🥺 does anyone else struggle with this? Thumbs up if you do. figure out target daily calories. Runx5

My encouragement for you: pic below levei18bth4p.jpeg
    from Instagram Safi in Motherland
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    working on losing 40-45 by June .. Love to have more accountability.
    SW 193
    GW 140-145
  • munkeehaven
    Options
    Hope everyone is getting on well with their goals. I am down to 78.7kg (1.3kg lost). Finally starting to see results, since I started three weeks ago. Slow and steady wins the race! I am now used to eating lighter foods but still allowing myself a treat now and again.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to send me a friend request! I'm hoping to lose 20+ lbs.
    5'6"
    Current: 175
    Goal: 155 and then reevaluate
  • serengaros
    serengaros Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to join a group I created with weekly weigh ins and weight goals for next week, same purpose as this thread but in a group (which I'll cap the top number of members if it ever got too big) so hoping that we'd keep each other accountable to keep weighing in each week whatever the result! If you're interested let me know and I'll add you! Best, Sarah.
  • munkeehaven
    Options
    Add me please! Thanks