Peanut butter with your brown rice? Who knew?!

Options
Seriously I love MFP. I was on a thread about PB and someone said they eat it in their brown rice. My initial reaction was shock and repulsion. But I love PB on everything else...so I mixed some into my rice today...and it's AWESOME! It's official...PB can go on ANYTHING and make it better. Soooooo yummy!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Haha, sounds good...I've made noodles with chicken, veggies and a little bit of soy sauce with peanut butter. YUM!
  • jllipson
    Options
    I'm not big on peanut butter on much stuff, but that sounds interesting enough for me to give it a shot...
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    lol....yep, peanut butter is a great food!! :)

did you mix in some splenda and have it sweet or did you have it plain with peanut butter?
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    try peanut butter salad dressing: thai style.
  • bettycass
    bettycass Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I just may have to try that.
  • emilyrthompson
    Options
    I work in a peanut factory (roasting and salting) as the Quality Assurance Director..... it is so hard to resist all day everyday. They are so good! We make peanut butter too!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I eat pb on top of my brown rice cakes all the time and it is delicious. Never thought about adding it into warm rice. I can hardly wait to try this! Thanks!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I used to mix PB in my noodle (my dad first made that for me when I was little), it taste fantastic :-)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Seriously I love MFP. I was on a thread about PB and someone said they eat it in their brown rice. My initial reaction was shock and repulsion. But I love PB on everything else...so I mixed some into my rice today...and it's AWESOME! It's official...PB can go on ANYTHING and make it better. Soooooo yummy!

thai food uses peanuts sauces alot, could be why i like thai food, and coconut milk
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm curious now.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I work in a peanut factory (roasting and salting) as the Quality Assurance Director..... it is so hard to resist all day everyday. They are so good! We make peanut butter too!

o m g i would go crazy , at my work (animal hosp.) we use peanut butter for bribery. and i get to craving so bad from smelling it
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    THIS is what I am eating when I get home. Holy cow will it taste amazing and I have never tried it... WHY? :O
  • sarah44254
    Options
    what if you added some milk... like a dessert rice! omg
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    SO funny! I have tons of leftover brown rice at home and was wondering what the heck to eat it with! I'm totally going to try this!!!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. Anyone who's been my friend for a while on here knows that. I'll try it on just about anything :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Yes, peanut sauce is common in Asian stir-fry dishes.
  • lizzygrl1981
    Options
    I like to add peanut butter and a little honey to brown rice. It's SO good!!! :)
  • cherrera63
    cherrera63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yummers!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    wish i would have seen this earlier... i put veggies on mine :(:cry:

but there's always tomorrow :-) :love:
  • sarah44254
    Options
    I just ate my meal. Brown rice, peanut butter, and a tiny bit of almond milk. Tasted like rice, mainly, but the best damn rice I've had in a LONG time! Wow. Definitely doing that again. Protein rice FOR THE WIN