60 yrs and up

Options
Hi all. I’m 61 and just retired- yay! I’m taking advantage of the gifts of time and reduced stress to focus on my health. I want to lose 20 to 30 pounds, regain flexibility and strength, and feel better overall. Hoping this app will help and would love community support!

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Log all your food and exercise. Enter your stats and let mfp suggest your calorie goal. After a couple weeks adjust it necessary to reach your goal.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your retirement, I retired the end of May 2019 and am so glad I was able to. I step back now and see how my health was suffering physically and mentally. It took me awhile to adjust to retirement because my job was my life and took over my home too. But happily, I've found a new me and am able to take care of myself now! I'm 66 and feel better than I have in a very long time.
    Enjoy your retirement!!! Find a path to health that works for you; it'll be easier to stick to.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your retirement more time for you. Enjoy
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There are lots of us older folk on here, all of us plodding along losing weight and getting healthier and fitter.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I’m 61 and just retired- yay! I’m taking advantage of the gifts of time and reduced stress to focus on my health. I want to lose 20 to 30 pounds, regain flexibility and strength, and feel better overall. Hoping this app will help and would love community support!

Enjoy your retirement its great!
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

Beyond the extra time to focus on your fitness and health goals, the beauty of retirement (I understand this might be different with partner/family) is being the sole decider of how each of your days go, be them activity filled or just chillin'. Enjoy!