15 minute creamy avocado pasta sauce

Options
bksteve26
bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
So I'm not going to lie. I dont know if this is healthy yet. It seems alright due to reading it, but I haven't calculated cals yet. I just wanted to get it somewhere that I can save it cuz my boss is currently sitting near the printer therefore, I cannot print out recipes like I usually do. LOL. So here goes.

Yield: Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.

3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.

Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.

I promise I will update you all with cals in a few mins.

Replies

• Nikki881
    Options
    Yum, this sounds delicious! Thanks!!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Sounds so good. Thanks.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I bet it would be really good if you replaced the basil with cilantro. I make a cilantro pesto with macadamia nuts (at least I used to, I can't imagine how many calories are in it), and it is really good. Avocados and cilantro go so well together!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    hello! BUMP!!!
  • sarebak
    sarebak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious. Going to have to try it.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    yummy :)
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    actually have all the ingredients right now...yay!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    And here is the Cal Count. This serves two...Calories 558, Carb 72, Fat 28, Protein 14. Can't wait to make this one night and finish it off with an amazing salad. MMMM....
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump...awesome
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    bump- love my avocados!
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it would be just fine calorie wise! Maybe 300 per serving or so!
  • Slo83
    Slo83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This recipe was fantastic, I sauted the garlic in the olive oil for just a bit to sweeten it and added dried basil during the saute. I also added shrimp and spinach to the pasta as it was cooking, and drained everything together and then added it all the the "sauce" Only about 400 cal with 5 oz shrimp. I made a single batch and only used on T of EVOO. Eating it as we speak! Yum!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh this sounds SO nummy! Thanks!