What’s your favorite COFFEE order !

Options

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Black. Decaf :'( , since my body capriciously refuses to tolerate caffeine as of about 10 years ago.

Drinking decaf sure changes the game of buying coffee. Tim's and McD's decaf are nasty, taste like dirty dishwater run through used grounds. You really have to go with a higher end coffee to get one that's drinkable.

Probably doesn’t help that demand is lower so you’re more likely to get the stuff that was brewed 5 hours ago and is still sitting unloved in the pot
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Black. Decaf :'( , since my body capriciously refuses to tolerate caffeine as of about 10 years ago.

Drinking decaf sure changes the game of buying coffee. Tim's and McD's decaf are nasty, taste like dirty dishwater run through used grounds. You really have to go with a higher end coffee to get one that's drinkable.

Probably doesn’t help that demand is lower so you’re more likely to get the stuff that was brewed 5 hours ago and is still sitting unloved in the pot

Exactly. Although technically "bitter" is at least a flavour.

When I order decaf in a restaurant, 90% of the time they have to make a fresh pot because none was made. Bonus!
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Doppio ristretto, due, ogni giorno.

why does this seem like something one of those wrinkled forehead characters from Star Trek would snort out verbally?

This is scarily accurate
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Black. With a shot of Frangelico.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Still my work coffee with cream and sugar.
  • Mileysoot
    Mileysoot Posts: 23 Member
    Options

why does this seem like something one of those wrinkled forehead characters from Star Trek would snort out verbally?

r98obxz7b4zx.jpg

*spews milk out of nose*

• TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Which brand do you brew at home? I'd drink decaf, if I could find one that had a strong enough taste.

r98obxz7b4zx.jpg

:smile:
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    My favorite hot black coffee to get while I’m out IS McDonalds, because I live in NYC where there is such high volume of customers that the coffee is constantly being brewed and sold. If you get it fresh, McDonalds is way better to me than Starbucks. And it’s 90,000% better than Dunkin’ Donuts hot black coffee, which tastes like oily weak nonsense.

However, if I am at a Starbucks and in the mood for something fancy, I will get a medium hot blonde roast with a splash of soy milk, 1 pump of mocha sauce, and 1 pump of peppermint. 70 calories and wayyyy better tasting than the lattes (which, by their nature, have way too much milk for me).
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Analog_Kid wrote: »
    Black. With a shot of Frangelico.

I keep reading this as franco (as in james) and I’m reconsidering how i take my coffee
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I'd like some coffee with my creamer please!
  • Mak33dr
    Mak33dr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tall glass iced americano, no sugar, no milk
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Today it’s tea
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Which brand do you brew at home? I'd drink decaf, if I could find one that had a strong enough taste.

I had to go with a Keurig since the SO drinks regular coffee and we'd have had to make two separate pots. Although I have a little two-cup French press and I've occasionally picked up boutique coffee for that, usually when I'm on vacation and have more time to muck around with a French press.

Timothy's and VanHoutte both make a very strong flavoured dark roast decaf k-cup. I think one calls it French roast.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Timothy's and VanHoutte both make a very strong flavoured dark roast decaf k-cup. I think one calls it French roast.

I'll check into them, thank you kindly!
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Usually I drink coffee at home with soy milk and sugar. There’s a health food store I sometimes go to that has the best organic coffee. It’s not as pricey as Starbucks and something about it has more kick than say Folgers brand. I’m wondering if organic coffee has more caffeine in it but either way I could drink a gallon of it, if I could afford it. Yum! ☕️☕️☕️
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Black, I'm just boring
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    So I'm probably a heathen but I love my morning coffee from Pret a Manger. I ask for a vanilla latte with coconut milk. Yeah, I'm that basic >:)
  • bz2018
    bz2018 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    97spgadeqc40.jpeg
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Deathwish Coffee. Soooo gooood. The stronger and darker the better

I drink Peet’s on the regular though- with Nutpod creamer. I can’t buy coffee cause I’m a miser who refuses to spend $2.95 on something I can make myself.

Get off my lawnnnnn