Hi there!

Options
Hi everyone, I am 21 and a few months into my first serious effort at weight loss. I have already lost 10 lbs (!) though not as quickly as I would have liked. I am a university student and my apartment is approximately 3/4 of a mile from the edge of campus so I am able to get in a lot of walking every week. You would think that being a college student and walking all the time would make the fat melt off but it's been a lot harder than I thought. :) I was eating out more and going for late-night food runs more than I had before college and now I am paying for it.

I have IBS which makes sticking to a traditional diet plan easy and difficult. I don't eat fatty, greasy foods if I can help it but I have a hard time with raw fruits and veggies.

My inspiration for wanting to lose weight and be healthy is to decrease my risk for cancer and heart disease which is very prevalent on both sides of my family. My aunt was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and I figured that if she is able to deal with all of that then I can stand to lose a few pounds :)

Replies

• Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi! God bless you and your aunt. I am a BIG advocate of BCA. Feel free to send friend request. I'll do my best to keep you motivated =]
  • DAWNJ33002
    DAWNJ33002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you would like. I am fairly new to this site as well, have IBS, and work in a cancer center. We can get healthy together.
  • roboto789
    Options
    Michelle_J: I am also an advocate- I did the Komen walk last year (missed it this year) and it was one of the most powerful / eye-opening things I have been a part of. And thank you! I hope we can help each other :)

DAWNJ33002: Awesome! I don't think I have ever really met anyone that has IBS despite how common it is. I hope we can both be healthy and feel better :)