How do you get all your water in for the day?

Options

Replies

• rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Haha, and don't forget to swallow :P

I drink half my weight in ounces of water. This can be challenging. Things that have helped me are using 32 ounce water bottles, using apps on my phone, and making sure I drink a cup or so of water for each hour.

It is hard but you can do it, put your mind to it!

open mouth, insert water
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    8 glasses would be nice some days...usually at the steel mill i drink around 2gal. of water per day...and it still doesnt seem like its enough.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Start early in the day and spread it out!

I take a glass to bed with me which I drink the next morning while getting ready. I also drink hot water with half a lime squeezed into it, I do that twice a day in a huge mug and get 500ml in each time, sorry I am in the uk we are metric!! Our daily recommendation is 2 litres which is the same as your 64oz.

Ice cold water for me, you have to burn calories to warm it up!!

Good luck just try and add one glass at a time.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have a 26oz water bottle In the Am I drink half then the other with lunch. Then I refill it I drink half before my afternoon snack and then I finish it off with dinner. Then I refill it and usually chug it while getting ready for bed.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Drink glass before breakfast then every hour from there on until gone. Just chug it down. Head back gulp it down rinse repeat.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have a 20oz water bottle on my desk and make myself drink 2 bottles before lunch (and my can of Pepsi Max) I won't leave until I've drunk that. Same before I leave. I can drink more but I have to have those 2.

Ive had days where I chug it because I still have most of my bottle left but I do it. That way I have at least 2.4L a day and everything's gravy!
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Good topic. I find it hard to get 8 glasses. I usually remember to have water with each meal (that's 3) but I have to force myself to have more unless I am exercising when I naturally crave more. It doesn't help that's it's the end of winter here (hitting spring only today)... It's easier to have water on warmer days. I guess I might learn a few tips from the above comments.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i don't count. but i find in winter i don't drink anywhere near 8 cups a day. but in summer, probably easily.

in summer i have a glass first thing in the morning when i wake, at the gym probably 2-3 cups (morning gym), a cup with lunch and a cup with tea and a cup before i go to bed, i always have a cup near my bed in summer because i wake thirsty in the night. in summer i find it easy, winter, alot of my water comes from tea and coffee... hopefully once summer hits, it'll make all the difference to kick start me.
  • jennchenprice
    jennchenprice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I carry my 24 oz tervis tumbler everywhere with me. My friends think I am crazy but I always have my water with me. I am also a dispatcher/911 operator so I talk pretty much all day and need continuous drinks to get thru some days.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    You dont need to drink 8 cups of water a day. Why are people still so obsessed with this 8 cups of water stuff?!

Its 8 cups of FLUID a day. Doesn't have to be water. Doesn't even have to be in the form of liquid. Fruit and veg contain plenty of water. Tea and coffee hydrate you as well, im living proof of this. There are days when i only drink tea and/or coffee, and i feel great! Sure, they may not hydrate you as much as water, they say 75% as much, but its still 75% more hydration than if you hadnt drank it at all.

People who say they feel better after they started drinking more water are either experiencing a placebo effect, or they weren't getting enough fluid in their diet before that.

Don't obsess about actual water!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    On average I drink 9 cups a day. I can't stand coffee, and don't like milk, juice or tea, its pretty easy. I do carry a Camelback waterbottle with me, it has a straw and holds 3 cups at a time. I fill it in the morning, lunch time, before dinner and sometimes once again in the evening.
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    open mouth, insert water
    [/quote

:smile:
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    open mouth, insert water

Wow, what a great idea! I don't know what I was thinking!! All this time I have been pouring it in my ear! Silly me!!! :laugh: ]
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Every morning I stop at the gas station right by my office and fill up a 64 oz cup with ice, which I refill half way thru the morning and get more ice at lunch. I drink over a hundred oz a day this way. Ice cold through a straw helps me a lot! If I bring my own cup they don't charge me for ice.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I keep a 4 cup (32 oz) container at my desk and make sure I drink it before I leave for the day. I also drink about 2 cups every day when I go to the gym, if not more. And then I drink another 2-4 cups at night with dinner and afterwards.
  • aab2011
    Options
    You should be drinking half of your weight in oz of water a day if that makes sense. I find it easier to drink more water from a straw. I use those plastic starbucks looking cups and its easy to get my water in.
  • Mkrug221
    Options
    I have a 1Liter bottle on my desk at work. I fill it up at night and stick it in the fridge so it's nice and cold when I get to work in the morning. I drink one of these before lunch and then another one in the afternoon. That's 8 cups right there. I usually have 2-3 more cups at night either with dinner or while working out. I'm not a fan of plain water so having it super cold helps me.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Get a cup with a straw and mindlessly sip water while on the computer, reading, or whatever. It's like when one mindlessly snacks in front of the TV, before ya know it the chips are gone!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Its something you've got to try at at first, but then it gets to be more natural. I drink water from 16oz bottles throughout the day. I don't drink much of anything else, an occasional coffee an occasional beer an occasional fruit juice, but mostly its just water. My watering routine.

2 cups = 1 16oz bottle.

2 cups at breakfast
    2 cups mid-morning
    2 cups at lunch
    2-4 cups evening workout
    2 cups dinner

Its fairly easy for me to get 10-12 cups per day.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Carry around a 32oz water bottle that you can find at any Sporting Goods store or even a Wal Mart or Target type department store. I have one at home and at work. A 32oz water bottle is 4 glasses of water. Drink two of them and your 8 glasses are in for the day.