What FUELS your health journey?

Options
What fuels you? Revenge body, a dream dress you want to wear..or just realizing you deserve to be happy in your own skin?

Replies

• gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just really enjoy pushing myself and watching the changes occur but ultimately just want to be healthy
  • Viktorija34
    Viktorija34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I want to look great again! I've put on 30kg in the last 2 years and I don't even know how I've done it. I'm hoping that with the help of this app and with the support of this community, I will lose the excess weight.
    Recently I went to the party and people were taking photos. It was a wake up call when I looked at the photos. I looked so fat! I've realised I need to take action as I'm heaviest I've ever been. So small steps at a time but hopefully will succeed.
  • tiaray1979
    tiaray1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to stabilize my high blood pressure, and... I don't know else :(
  • RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to snatch x1.5 my body weight over my head.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    My Health
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy body, strength and fitness level for now
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Reducing joint pain is now my top driver. I don't care much how I look as long as I can move and do normal daily stuff without hurting.
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I want to feel comfortable in my own skin again and to be confident in my appearance when I'm out in public. Also, I want to join some recreational sports leagues and not have to worry about what I look like.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    The fact that statistics show 95% of people who lose weight, gain it back plus...

*kitten* your statistics...

God willing, I will die a beacon shouting out to everyone that you can beat this!

✌🏼💕
  • muskieschaef
    muskieschaef Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My health and my active lifestyle.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to take statins for my high cholesterol, because I felt like I'd already given up enough cognitive bandwidth to chemotherapy previously. I tried changing what I ate, but only achieved minor improvements in cholesterol and blood pressure (also high). I was already very active, though obese, and eating mostly nutritiously.

That motivation was enough, but being diagnosed with gallbladder adenomyomatosis, a cholesterol/inflammatory kind of thing that can be correlated with gallbladder cancer, sealed the deal for extra real.

Losing to a healthy weight solved those problems**, and improved lots of other things as well. (I'm now in year 4+ of maintenance, age 64.) So worth it!

** Well, the gallbladder had to come out, too! ;)
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I want to be able to wear dresses with a waist, and to be active and healthy for many, many years to come. I also like the control of calorie counting, and want to have a body that I made the way I want it.

Also the thought that if I start now I'll be able to be 100 lbs less next time I see my sister, who I don't get along with....yeah. I LIKE that. Not real noble, but that'll be satisfying.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    When people hit retirement age, all too often they fill up their free time with dr. visits...so many health issues seem to develop then. I don't want to be at the dr.s office every week. I want to feel comfortable being in public and not worrying people are gawking at me due to my weight, which is the way I always felt growing up and into my 60's. Now I feel confident they only gawk at me because I'm weird. :)
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I want my body to age well as I get older.
    I want to be able to shop at certain stores with my friends.
    I am in a wedding in June and I want to be HOT in those photos (not more than the bride though!!).
    I want my mother to stop worrying about my health
    I want to finally get off my lazy *kitten* and actually make some progress.
    I want to go on dates and not wonder if it was because of my weight that I'm not going on a second one.
  • zzzedd
    zzzedd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

my reasons are:

Overall health and better diet (i used to snack a lot and eat late, often missed breakfast)
    I want to be able to play with my kids when i am older without any health issues.
    I am constantly reminded by people i know about how slim i used to be. We cant have a single family gathering without my weight being discussed so i want to give everyone something new to talk about as the conversations got stale :D
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My bad bloodwork numbers when I don't take care of myself
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Fear. Be it real, imagined or irrational, I fear that if I don't, if I stop I will revert to the immobile, unhappy mess I was prior to my 2019 (January & April) hip replacements.