Insanity Fit test results!

Options
I joined a topic to start Insanity today. I have started Insanity several times before and I've never made it past week 3. EVER. So I am Determined to finish it and have AMAZING results.

Just did my Fit test! Woo! I feel great! I pushed myself HARD! Here are my results:

Switch Kicks: 128 (or 64 if you do it by set)
Power Jacks: 63
Power Knees: 112
Power Jumps: 53
Globe Jumps: 13
Suicide Jumps: 21
Pushup Jacks: 23
Low Plank Oblique: 49

To give you an idea...here are my fit test results from July 2010 and July 2011:

Switch Kicks: 122 (61) and 123 (61.5)
Power Jacks: 45 and 57
Power Knees: 100 and 103
Power Jumps: 30 and 40
Globe Jumps: 7 and 10
Suicide Jumps: 17 and 19
Pushup Jacks: 12 and 20
Low Plank Oblique: 28 and 36

In 2010 I couldn't do even 1 real pushup. By 2011 I could do 10 "real" pushups. I can now do 25 to 30 in a row. :-) It's AMAZING!!!! I am so impressed with how drastically all these workouts have changed my body. Thank you BeachBody.com!! lol. I love turbo fire and I love insanity!

By the way, in June 2010 I was still 240ish (my highest was 252.8lbs) and by May 2011 I was 220.8lbs. I weighed in this morning at...179.8lbs!!!!!!!!! I am in VIRGIN FAT TERRITORY!!! I haven't been below 180.8 since July 2004! I am SOOOO happy!!!!

Replies

• MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi- Congrats!!! will you do me a favor and explain what each of these exercise moves involves in detail. ex. what is a suicide jump? etc. Thanks, I am very interested in your workout!
  • stephanie1187
    Options
    Great job! I recently ordered insanity! It should be in the mail soon...I can't wait to start!
  • alannahbelanger
    alannahbelanger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity as well! I'm on week 4, so on my next fit test I'll post my results too! :) congrats on the awesome results!!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I have 2 1/2 more weeks until I complete my 1st round of Insanity. It truly is a challenge. It such a hard workout, but there is such a sense of accomplishment everytime I finish a workout.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Those numbers look great! Week 3 is by far the hardest! You're not quite at recovery week yet, so it's REALLY hard to get through. But, You can do it!!!! Take it a day at a time, and don't let your mind convince you to skip a workout. You can do it, you will do it!!!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hi- Congrats!!! will you do me a favor and explain what each of these exercise moves involves in detail. ex. what is a suicide jump? etc. Thanks, I am very interested in your workout!

Okay. let's see if i can explain it without butchering it.

switch kicks are when you are on one leg and you're kicking with the other and then you jump and switch legs and kick the other leg. make sense?

power jacks are like jumping jacks but you land in a wide squat

power knees...so it's almost like a lunge but its not. you put all of your weight on one leg and your arms out in front and up at an angle and you pull your other leg in to your belly button while meeting your hands to your knee. so your arms and leg move simultaneously and meet together at your belly button.

power jumps are killer! so you start in a squat and you launch yourself in the air while bringing your legs up in to a frog jump and you bring your arms from up above your head and slap your knees.

globe jumps. you start standing up with your arms up in the air. you bend down, touch the floor, launch your body to the right while bringing your arms back up, land with your legs in a wide squat while bringing your arms to the floor, launch your body backwards, do the same thing clockwise.

suicide jumps . start standing, put your hands on the ground, jump your feet out in to a plank, jump your feet back in, and then jump up with your hands up in the air.

push-up jacks: start in plank position with your feet wide and your arms a little more than shoulder width apart, do a pushup, on your way up bring your feet together, then go back down in your pushup and do a "jack" with your feet.

low plank oblique: you are in a plank position but on your forearms. you alternate knees by bringing one knee to your rib cage but on the outside of your hip.

hope this helps! i'm sure you can youtube the fit test somewhere.
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Insanity... loving it so far!!
  • MonaLisa911
    Options
    I too have had to start Insanity over and over...this is my third attempt. I am on the first week and determine to complete it this time. I'm going to keep watch with you...if you keep pushing then so will I. My health and fitness may mean the difference from life and death for me. I am in Law Enforcement and I it is so very important to be in shape. But getting busy serving and protecting sometimes is so exhausting that when you finally get a break working out is not easy to do. But I don't want to one day get involved in a physical struggle that may cost me my life because I wasn't in my best shape. Please keep pushing and I plan to do the same.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just completed my 2nd fit test with some positive results...

Day 1

Switch Kicks - 118
    Power Jacks - 35
    Power Knees - 80
    Power Jumps - 23
    Globe Jumps - 7
    Suicide Jumps - 9
    Push Up Jacks - 16
    Low-Plank Obliques - 22

Day 15

Switch Kicks - 125 (+7)
    Power Jacks - 47 (+12)
    Power Knees - 114 (+4)
    Power Jumps - 40 (+5)
    Globe Jumps - 10 (+3)
    Suicide Jumps - 11 (+2)
    Push Up Jacks - 20 (+4)
    Low-Plank Obliques - 32 (+10)

So, I still have some issues getting winded but still I improved... I hate the workouts, and I cannot wait to go back to P90X but I am seeing results and I needed to jumpt start my weightloss again and this is like hooking an AED up to my fitness!!
  • mrysnshn
    mrysnshn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Last week was my recovery week. I started week 5 today wit a fit test

Week 1 week 5

Switch kicks 80 106
    Power jacks 45 58
    Power knees 68 85
    Power jumps 27 37
    Globes jumps 10 11
    Suicide jumps 14 18
    Pushup jacks 20 35
    Low planks 60 70

I have improved a lot over these few weeks. I havent lost a ton of weight but i feel so much more fit. Im extremely proud of the push ups that i can do now. The more u stick with it the the better it gets.
  • stephatkba
    Options
    I started today, totally focused with this insanity...however i got so winded and faint in the fit test that i am afaid i will not be able to comply with all of the workouts. Please did anyone else feel this on their first fit test and did you improve?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!