Please advise

Options
Hi! I am female, age 52, 5'4", 130lbs. I had a hip replacement 3 months ago. I have been on this site for 15 days, logging in 1200 calories a day and adding light daily exercise...and drinking lots of water. I lost 2 pounds, then gained it back. I am very frustrated. My goal is to loose 10 lbs. I have to admit that I drink red wine every day and I log that in as part of my calories.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Trying to lose such a small amount of weight when you are already a healthy weight requires patience and precision.

You should be expecting to lose barely 0.5 lbs per week. Meanwhile it's perfectly normal to experience water weight swings of several lbs. So it's quite possible for your fat loss progress to be hidden behind water weight swings for weeks at a time. It took me almost a year to lose the last 10 lbs and be sure it was gone and not just normal scale fluctuations. 15 days is nothing :smile:
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Stay true to your calorie goals as best you can. My best advice so far as post hip replacements (I had both done last year) is despite how good things feel three months out, continue to do your hip PT exercises and incorporate them into broader exercise routines as you go along. I continued mine, I just moved them to pools as I enjoy being in water and do a lot of walking track and treadmill. Doing this should help with weight loss and general labwork markers.