Anyone gain 1 pound or so with ovulation?

Options
I'm up a pound today at weigh in(Weight Watcher's).Was wondering if it's related to ovulation or not since I'm at midcycle or just a weight fluctuation?

I've stayed on my food plan & been real good.

Though we did eat out a few nights this week.I made a conserted effort making sure I made smart choices.

Please advise(my food diary is open/public),

The two weeks before this weigh in,I had lost 4.6 pounds at each weigh in! So maybe this is just a normal fluctuation or due to hormones.

TIA

Replies

• amomatt
    Options
    I don't know but I do know my weight fluctuates quite a bit over the month! I tend to have 2 weeks of good losses followed by 2 weeks of so so losses/no change/small gain
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I do! I gain a few pounds when I ovulate and then go back down and then put it back on the week before and then it comes off the week of.

Crazy TOM!
  • McMamma38
    Options
    I don't know but I do know my weight fluctuates quite a bit over the month! I tend to have 2 weeks of good losses followed by 2 weeks of so so losses/no change/small gain

Thanks for this,it reassures me.

Weight loss is a funny thing,some weeks I lose 3-4,sometimes a huge 10 and others still I'm up a pound or two.My eating plan will not have changed either.

I've gained 4 pounds w/ AF's--only to lose it the following week + a pound.Last AF was a surprise as I managed to lose 4.6 pounds despite her visit.
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Good question...I know I gain a few a week before Tom but now I'm curious to know about ovulation.
  • McMamma38
    Options
    I do! I gain a few pounds when I ovulate and then go back down and then put it back on the week before and then it comes off the week of.

Crazy TOM!

Oh good--I'm not alone.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    It might be just water? I was reading an article the other day that talked about how much water you should drink. You took a quiz and it asked you about how much you weigh, what the weather is like where you live, how much you exercise, if you are breastfeeding, etc. and it tells you how much you should drink. It also gave a variation of how much less you could drink if you were eating healthy as you can get up to 20% of your water from food. When I took the quiz, it said on exercise days I should be drinking between 131 and 168 oz. per day. If you don't drink enough, you could retain water which would make your weight pop up temporarily. I will try to find the link and post...
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I'm up and down a pound several times a month. I HATE TOM.
  • McMamma38
    Options
    It might be just water? I was reading an article the other day that talked about how much water you should drink. You took a quiz and it asked you about how much you weigh, what the weather is like where you live, how much you exercise, if you are breastfeeding, etc. and it tells you how much you should drink. It also gave a variation of how much less you could drink if you were eating healthy as you can get up to 20% of your water from food. When I took the quiz, it said on exercise days I should be drinking between 131 and 168 oz. per day. If you don't drink enough, you could retain water which would make your weight pop up temporarily. I will try to find the link and post...

Oh please do.Very interesting.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
  • McMamma38
    Options

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Thanks!