Cravings? Help!

Options
So i have these cravings all the time for something sweet and i do try not to give in, but it usuall happens. Then i find myself giving in and end up binge eating. I keep gaining and loosing the same 10lbs because of this. Really need some help and suggestions how to deal with this. I really am tired of being over weight.

Replies

• little_wolfie
    Options
    I've lost the same 10 lbs so many times I think I've lost 100 lbs overall! Heh.

I really like pickles as a snack. You can get sweet ones or the savory ones, and they are nice and crunchy and satisfying. I just tried Famous Dave's signature style pickles and they are hot and sweet and spicy and fantastic. Even if I ate the whole jar that would only be 300 calories!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is what did it for me. I no longer crave the bad things I always did. It got me off of soda & caffeine. I use the chocolate so it gives me my chocolate fix for the day!
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I've lost the same 10 lbs so many times I think I've lost 100 lbs overall! Heh.

I really like pickles as a snack. You can get sweet ones or the savory ones, and they are nice and crunchy and satisfying. I just tried Famous Dave's signature style pickles and they are hot and sweet and spicy and fantastic. Even if I ate the whole jar that would only be 300 calories!

This is a great idea. Never thought of it and I love dill pickles!
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Find a sweet fruit you can eat ~ I've been on a watermellon kick lately ~ they have it in chunks at the dread wal-mart :) that way I know I'll eat it all before it goes bad. Or grapes or peaches.
    If you get the canned ones ~ which I dont ~ make sure you get the ones that say 'in its own juice' :)

A friend of mine said she will pick up a brownie, chew it up, enjoy the hell out of it and spit it out. Not sure if I could spit it out or not but its damn sure an idea lol (maybe, if there is a reason not to do that I'm sure someone will point it out :p)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    to avoid binging try to incorporate the foods you crave into your daily diet, just in moderation. As long as you are still in a caloric deficit you will lose weight, so might as well try and eat foods you enjoy to make the diet easier and to avoid binging
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Cravings for sweets are usually a sign of low blood sugar, try to incorporate more low glycemic food in your diet. That will minimize those crashes. When you do reach out for a snack, the only thing I can advise is to choose protein-rich snacks which would get you through those cravings between meals.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If you crave something, give in. Eat it in a small amount to avoid binging later. Chocolate for example: I really like dove dark chocolate with almonds, eat 1 a night for 30 calories.
  • sarahwebb81
    Options
    I have had the same problem in the past, and i understand how frustrating it is! I've been trying to lose weight for the last 5 years, but until about two months ago I had no luck because I would always fall back into a cycle of binge eating. Lately I've been having a little more luck. My suggestion is not to keep junk food in the house. Instead, if you want something sweet, just pick up a single size portion of something at the store. Some of my favorites are a McDonald's ice cream cone (150 calories and very satisfying!), a single York Peppermint Patty (just buy one in the check-out lane at the grocery instead of buying a whole bag - 140 calories), or a Special K protein bar (110-190 calories, with the added benefit of protein.) I also like protein shakes (you can get lots of flavors that are actually pretty good and satisfy a sweet tooth) or a glass of light orange juice.

I agree that giving yourself little treats can help you from eventually binging. But also, the less sugar you eat, the less you wind up craving. If you stick with fruits and veggies for a couple of weeks straight, your cravings will probably lessen. Good luck! I understand completely- it's hard! But you can do it. Just keep trying.

PS- I also love the pickle idea! Sugar free bread and butter pickles are delicious and zero calories!