Royal Marines training

Hello everyone,

I’m dean and I’m from Dorset. I signed up here becacue someone I know told me about the app. I love the fact you have a community forum where people can help each other. I’m joining the Royal Marines, I’m currently in my application but I am looking for any hints/tips to help with what foods to eat while training cardio and bulking.

Replies

• sara45854
    sara45854 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hey dean,

Make sure you are eating 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of your bodyweight every day. Also fats (avacadoes, nuts, cheese, salmon, etc..) and carbohydrates (oats, bananas, blueberries, buckwheat etc..) are needed to support muscle growth so be sure you aren't skimping on these nutrients.

Good luck with the Royal Marines 💪🏼
  • sara45854
    sara45854 Posts: 10 Member
    Also excess cardio will inhibit growth. This is because the excess of exercise will burn the calorie surplus you’re eating, undoing the hard work.

However, to get the benefits of cardio, you’ll need to keep your activity levels up with low and moderate intensity exercise. High intensity cardio burns far too many calories to incorporate into your bulk.

This means that you need to stick to low intensity exercise that promotes cardiovascular health without burning too many calories. Walking, jogging, cycling and elliptical machines are all good options for this.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Hi mate

Unless your underweight don’t worry about bulking too much, work on strength and endurance, RM place a big emphasis on upper body strength, but needs to be coupled with endurance.

Diet wise, stick to the basics decent amount of protein and enough calories to fuel your training, any specific questions drop me a msg

Good luck with your application

• deanodog94
    deanodog94 Posts: 4 Member
    This is what I’m at so far without dinner. The app is telling me to eat 3500 but I’m already past that without dinner or pudding?
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Tbh if that’s your diet your just going to get fat

What are your current stats
    Height
    Weight
    Estimated body fat
    Activity level
  • deanodog94
    5.10,65kg, 10.3% and 20000 steps a day with gym workout and pushups and sit-ups in the morning before work
  • deanodog94
    This is what the app tells me. But I burn way too many calories off while I’m at work i think. I would have a mutant mass 4x scoop with 600ml milk, and something else maybe a peanut butter and honey waffle before I go to sleep, wake up at 4am for work and I’m starving again to the point I can eat a whole cow to myself. Does anyone have any foods that’ll make me feel full when I wake up still ? After 6 hours of sleep I feel so empty even tho I had 6k calories yesterday