What’s the best low carb protein powder?

Hey guys!
What is the best protein powder out their for weight loss?
I have friends that use Isopure ( think I’m spelling that right) Is that a good one, or is theirs better one?

Also, I can’t use Herbalife or shakeology. Their is something in the mixtures that’s make my face red. I dont know what it is.

Replies

• wereholl
    wereholl Posts: 3 Member
    I use opti-lean. Not sure where it rates on the scale but it's letting me steadily lose weight while maintaining muscle. Plus the taste isn't offensive.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member
    Protein powder alone won't cause weight lose, but it is one way to meet your protein goal.

I use Biochem 100% Whey Isolate Protein - Natural Flavor, which has no added sugar and carbs are < 1 g.

This has a hint of vanilla. Their vanilla option is too vanilla-y for me.

https://smile.amazon.com/Biochem-Ultimate-protein-Natural-24-6-Ounce/dp/B0015QSU9Q/

It's probably more expensive that other brands due to the cows not being conventionally treated. As sourcing products from animals that were more humanely raised is one of my values, I'm ok with that.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    The best tasting I've ever had is PE Science, and I've tried almost everything. But as many will tell you, protein powder doesn't help you lose weight, and none is better than any other for weight loss beyond its ability to keep you within your calorie goal.
  • trishknut
    trishknut Posts: 5 Member
    Bloom protein hands down 🙌🏻
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    klceger14 wrote: »

Like others have said, no protein powder is better or worse for weight loss. Some have better calories to protein ratios, and most whey or egg based ones should have minimal carbs, but for that information read the label.

I picked out a selection of single sample sizes from WF and decided which of those I liked better, back when I used protein powder. They were pretty close wrt cals and protein. The Biochem natural mentioned above was one of the ones I liked.
  • end0326
    end0326 Posts: 8 Member
    For flavored options, I really like Orgain creamy chocolate fudge or superfood vanilla. They're vegan.

For unflavored, I love Vital Proteins collagen proteins. Blends awesomely into smoothies and also stirs nicely into hot coffee.
  • jarredtoups
    jarredtoups Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've really enjoyed Isopure. It's low carb and also low lactose (or lactose free, I forget). I'm not lactose-intolerant or anything, but I really don't enjoy milkshakes or protein shakes that try to be like milkshakes. Isopure is designed to mix with water alone, or when I make a shake it goes down more like a fruit smoothie. There are also a lot of flavor options which is nice - you're more likely to drink something if you enjot it.

I use Isopure for a ~50g protein shake that's under 300 calories.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    I agree with "end0326". I use Orgain SuperFood Vanilla for my morning smoothie and vital proteins collagen in my morning hot coffee...I buy both at Costco.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    Most protein powders are under 3 gram of carbs per serving. Pick on that you like the taste of.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    klceger14 wrote: »
    Hey guys!
    I have friends that use Isopure ( think I’m spelling that right) Is that a good one, or is theirs better one?

Also, I can’t use Herbalife or shakeology. Their is something in the mixtures that’s make my face red. I dont know what it is.

I'm curious about this question. The fact that you mention a couple MLM products really makes me wonder if you understand what you are asking. No protein powder will 'help with weight loss'. Only burning more calories than you eat will do that.

If your diet is lacking in protein and you can't get it balance with normal food, then use a protein powder. Otherwise, you're just wasting your money.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    I love Sunwarrior. I've been using it for years. I have tried many and that's my go to!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    I've always used isopure whey isolate, unflavored. Zero carbs per serving and versatile enough to add to almost anything.