Binge Eater/Sedentary Lifestyle

Options
I lost a lot of weight before. I'm 5'4 asian and pretty petite. My husband just got stationed in the Gulfcoast and me being a nurse use to have such an active lifestyle. I got a job on base sitting down most of the day doing telephone consults etc. I use to be 123lbs and now I am 129lbs:( It's making me really depressed. I use to be happy where I am and now trying to change my diet and keeping track of it is horrible. For the last year and half I've been eating whatever I wanted and still lose weight just by walking after work for about an hour or so. Now I'm required to actually watch what I eat and exercise religiously:( I started last night and went over my calorie limit for the day and gained 0.2 lbs. This isn't a good start for me. I'm afraid of going back to what I use to be at 152 wearing a size 12. It's hard work to lose weight. Please pray that I can get through this...

Replies

• MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Biloxi, MS is a great place to stay in shape. Bike paths, gyms and on base group exercise. Use them. I'd say get into the habit now if you do it will make it so much easier when you get about 10 years older and your metabolism slows WAY down.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'll pray for you.. but it's only a few lbs you have to lose. It's certainly not the end of the world.
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I"ll pray for you. I was a PT. Now I'm a stay at home mom. I always lose weight when i'm working even though I eat all the junk that would come into the office. Remember God works through suffering. This website can help to just make you aware of what you are actually eating.
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    Just keep a watchful eye on what you do eat and log it before you put it in your mouth. That helps me determine if I can really afford to eat it. It's normal for weight to be harder to come off the older we get (not saying your old!). I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and not gain a pound, i realized my metabolism slowed down when I moved out of my parents house for the first time a few years ago. In 2 years I had went from 117 lbs to 147 lbs and that's a massive amount on my 5'2'' frame.

You also got to remember that, yes you went over your calories and that may cause a slight increase in weight, but most likely it's just water weight or that food just siting in your belly. Being that you have a sit down job (as do I), we have to be careful not to snack while working and also we have to work out a little more than the more active people. That's just how it goes!

Being on here has helped me lose about 17 lbs so far (down to 129!) and I've went from a size 12-13 in jeans to a size 9, some of which are fitting a little lose, others a little tight, just depends on how they are made! It may seem like a pain to log everything, but if you log and keep around the 1200 calories a day plus working out, you'll do great.
  • tiffuzz
    Options
    thank you so much for all your inspirational words:) hopefully i don't starve...