Post Workout Protein Powder

Options
Trying to find a good post-workout protein powder. Any suggestions? I was using Muscle Milk Pro Series, then I realized how much extra stuff they put into it. Then I found FitCrunch Protein Powder which seems good (120 cals - 25g protein) but I haven't heard much about it. Need something new.
Thanks!

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of “good”? It sounds like you have some specific definition regarding ingredients you want to avoid, and maybe something to do with a particular protein per calorie ratio.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've been using 1st Phorm products for years - not the cheapest out there, but processed the right way (low temp), high quality products, and a company that really stands behind their product. Their post workout stack makes noticeable improvements in my recovery.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Been a big fan of MyProtein for years. Good value, Labdoor analysis.
  • y2k02c5
    y2k02c5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Biotest metabolic drive is my favorite. Been using it for 20 years. Mixes well and the flavors taste good. Low sugar high quality protein.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    My post workout protein powder is called chicken. I usually get 40 to 50 grams of protein from it...

But in all seriousness, protein powder is useful if you struggle to meet your protein goal, or enjoy the convience of it. Otherwise the food you eat during your normal day works just fine to provide the protein you need to recover from your workouts.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Isopure Whey Isolate...nothing but protein and you can add it to any flavor of liquid and some foods.