Any suggestions for salad dressing alternatives?

Options
13»

Replies

• brookiefbabyy
    Options
    i know this may sound weird but sometimes when i put chicken broth on as dressing, it can work when you are having a chicken fajita type salad, and just makes the lettuce more moist and taste of chicken! i thought it was gross when i thought of it, but i like it now!
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    -Hummus
    -unflavored Greek yogurt with spices
    -Guacamole or avocado mashed up.
  • LoveHoodies
    Options
    Try and find an olive oil/vinegar store around and mix and match flavors for delicious toppings. Here are some recipes from a store near me.

http://www.theolivetap.com/news/vinaigrettes.php
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I usually make this by eye, but roughly quantified, my favourite homemade dressing is:

4 parts greek yogurt
    2 parts apple cider vinegar
    1 part pure maple syrup (or honey)

...play around with it to taste. It's around 20 calories per tbsp (depending on how much maple syrup you add), and you get a bit of protein from the greek yogurt.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Arugula, lemon juice, a bit of extra virgin olive oil, and a little goat cheese is really yummy, and because of the lemon juice and olive oil you don't need the dressing :) Or you can make your own lemon vinaigrette, there are plenty of really good recipes online! I like Ina Garten's recipe the best though :)
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    extra virgin olive oil and vinegar

lemon juice (preferably fresh) can also be used in place of (or with in small amounts) the vinegar.

i do a one to two ratio. one teaspoon extra virgin + two citrus/vinegar.

and of course, any dried seasonings you like. salt & pepper are a must for me.
  • RaeNegron
    Options
    I would DRENCH my salad in ranch! And I still use it on my salad but i make my own ranch. I buy the KROGER brand fat free sour cream (because it isnt as thick as other fat free sour cream) and i buy the ranch packets!!! mix those together and viola....fat free yummy yummy yummy ranch!!!!!
  • kaitee24
    kaitee24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always just stick with the trick of getting your dressings on the side and dip your fork in them, instead of drenching your salad in them. This works for me, saves me hundreds of calories, but I still get to enjoy my favorite dressings! :)