Treadmill Workout

Options
Hi all. What is a good treadmill workout that doesn’t require much running that’ll burn roughly 550 calories in 45 minutes for a 122 pd female?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    High Incline Brisk walking is good.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    An intreval run: 1 mile warm up at 2% incline- walk or jog. Then 2 miles (20-25 minutes) alternating 30 second 85% effort sprints (still at 2%) and 90 second recovery- either walking or jogging. .5-1mile cool down at 65% effort
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    For me, at 121 lbs., 45 minutes on the TM burns about 400 calories if I run the whole time. Incline will increase the burn, but I don't think you'll get 550 with just walking.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hi all. What is a good treadmill workout that doesn’t require much running that’ll burn roughly 550 calories in 45 minutes for a 122 pd female?

I'd love to find any workout that burns that much. I weigh 140lb and am lucky to burn 450 Calories in 45min, and that's running the whole time.
    They won't burn that amount of calories but my favourite treadmill workouts include using other equipment or bodyweight exercises.

This one will kill the legs and probably burn around 400Calories
    Run 1000m 10 squat jumps
    Run 800m 12 squat jumps
    Run 600m 14 squat jumps
    Run 400m 16 squat jumps
    Run 200m 18 squat jumps
    Run 400m 16 squat jumps
    Run 600m 14 squat jumps
    Run 800m 12 squat jumps
    Run 1000m 10 squat jumps

Another that needs a rower, takes me around 30min and burns around 350Calories (I give everything I've got to get that burn)
    Run 1000m/row 250m
    Run 750m/row 500m
    Run 500m/row 750m
    Run 250m/row 1000m

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Burning 12 calories per minute is not really a realistic option unless you have extraordinary fitness levels (think...Olympian). You would need to run about 7.5 miles in 45 minutes to burn 550 calories at your weight. That’s a 6 minute mile. That’s.... fast. Most people don’t run 6 minute miles for 45 minutes day after day in normal training. Most people don’t run 6 minute miles at all...

I know you don’t want to do much running-but the point being that to get to the calorie burn you’re looking for in that time you’re looking to do it-you’ll need to run very, very fast for the entire time.

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I also want to mention that if you’re looking to match the reported calorie burn of your previous workouts - if you were holding onto the bars, you weren’t burning anywhere near what the treadmill said.

So going with the same advice from your other thread-lower incline and speed to something you can manage with your hands free in a normal gait. Your calorie burn from just doing that will probably be more than it was when you were holding on for dear life trying to keep up with the TM. The TM will say you’re burning less-but you weren’t burning what it said when you were holding on.

So you’re going to be ahead in the calorie burning game-and no straining injuries.