What I'm Doing Wrong (And Right)

Options
So, this may not be of interest to many of you, but I'm going to bare all here and see if it helps to motivate me. I'm doing some things well and some things not so well. They are as follows:

WRONG:

-I am still drinking Coke
-I am not drinking enough water
-I am not exercising enough

RIGHT:

-I am down to 1 Coke a day from previously drinking 3-4 Cokes a day
-I have not eaten fast food since I began MFP
-I have been tempted by and successfully ignored cheesecake, Doritos, potato chips...in my house...during the hurricane!
-I am counting and logging everything
-I have been to the gym a bit, as well as yoga class and accupuncture
-I have lost 5.75 lbs since last Monday and gone down 1 point on my BMI

I'm curious to know what everyone else is doing right/wrong. Feel free to add me if we're not already friends!

Replies

• pdkaminski
    Options
    I would say get rid of the soda.
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You have made GREAT progress - don't focus on what you are still doing 'wrong', look at all the amazing positives.

Me - wrong - saving up calories for nighttime candy snacking :happy:
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    I am phasing out the soda. I have to do it slowly because I get caffeine headaches which trigger my migraines. I am down to 1 Coke a day from 3-4, soon it will be half a Coke per day and then none!
  • JennsLosing
    Options
    I would say get rid of the soda.
    and i would say one a day is better than the 3-4 a day.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Other than not exercising it sounds like you are not doing too bad, which seems obvious since you are losing.

For me:

Bad: I drink too much wine!
    I play on MFP when I should be working

Good: I eat my veggies
    I exercise regularly
    I very rarely eat sugar or non-whole grains.
  • sarahjo19
    sarahjo19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this! This is a great way to remind yourself and others that NO ONE is perfect, and the little changes do add up. And everyone should be proud of what they ARE doing right and not focus on the wrong. As you can see your "right" list is longer than your "wrong" list. Great job dropping a point on the BMI chart!!!
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You have made GREAT progress - don't focus on what you are still doing 'wrong', look at all the amazing positives.

Me - wrong - saving up calories for nighttime candy snacking :happy:

i agree - look at the positives! and keep setting goals for yourself. have you tried switching to one can of diet coke/coke zero? that would be a great improvement! it looks like you have a lot more positives than negatives - that's awesome! and congratulations on the weight loss. keep it up!
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My weakness lately has been pretzel M&M's!!! LOL I think I need therapy!!! ;)
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I agree!! You are doing great and as a recent post stated... 1 is better than 3-4. I switched to Diet Coke but I have one almost every day and I'm tring to change it too. But it takes time and you will get there. Keep up the awesome work!!
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It seems you are giving yourself mini goals, which is GOOD. I tend to focus on what I have done wrong too, but then my MFP friends remind me of what I have done right. It's a process! You can do it though. Kudos for giving up on the Coke...Very hard to give up, believe me.
  • bgoss4
    Options
    Look at it this way it's a life style change so do the things that YOU can live with. Besides sometimes what works for one person doesn't always work for another.
    Good luck!
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    leave the soda alone!!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention whether you've been under your calorie limit each day. Really that's what matters most.
  • chedeco
    Options
    The problem with many diet products for me is that they have artificial sweeteners which are triggers for my migraines. It's really unfortunate and frustrating but it's probably for the best that I try to get off any kind of soda altogether. Thanks for the suggestions, though! :smile:
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Other than not exercising it sounds like you are not doing too bad, which seems obvious since you are losing.

For me:

Bad: I drink too much wine!
    I play on MFP when I should be working

Good: I eat my veggies
    I exercise regularly
    I very rarely eat sugar or non-whole grains.

hahaha.... I play on MFP when I shoudl be working, too!!! :laugh:
  • chedeco
    Options
    I have been under calories every day except for one day where I was over by 80.
  • Midori_i
    Midori_i Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hm, I know what I'm doing right:

- I exercise a lot
    - I drink more than enough water
    - I hardly ever drink soda
    - I eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and fibre

I have not quite worked out yet:
    - how to stay under my calorie limit - I'm always a bit over
    - how not to have sweet cravings all the time (although most of the time i satisfy those with honey and fruit)
    - how to avoid temptations like alcohol and high calorie meals when going out with friends
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Then you're doing great! Keep it up!
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i get so bored with any exercise other than running, so that's all i do. i really need to strength train! and...um...i use those extra calories from running on beer at least twice a week? ahem.

BUT I RUN! :D and i eat pretty healthy aside from the beer :)
  • mindyofchundy
    Options
    sounds like you're being wonderfully honest with yourself! at least you have more "rights" than "wrongs." hmmm, what i'm doing right- getting more into measuring servings, being intentional about what i eat, exercising everyday even if it's just a little. wrong- still eating too much sugar, missing supplements, haven't been drinking enough water lately for some weird reason.

thanks for putting this out there- good food for thought!