tell me it’s ok to have a cheat meal without feeling guilty

Options
13»

Replies

• s_rivera_92
    s_rivera_92 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to have a cheat day/meal once a week. I may not always use it every week, but I think it's good to give yourself the option so that you don't feel discouraged/overwhelmed. Just cheat a little and then go back to your usual food the next morning. :) Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • s_rivera_92
    s_rivera_92 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    stefa_roth wrote: »
    I allow myself to have a cheat day/meal once a week. I may not always use it every week, but I think it's good to give yourself the option so that you don't feel discouraged/overwhelmed. Just cheat a little and then go back to your usual food the next morning. :) Don't beat yourself up over it.

Or... don’t follow a plan that is so restrictive that you feel overwhelmed and discouraged in the first place. Many successful people eat all the foods they enjoy, fitting them in their calories, without ever feeling like a “cheat” is necessary.

Good advice. I was referring to the OP of this post more than myself. I enjoy all the food I eat. My problem is I'm never hungry and have to force myself to eat to reach my calorie goals. My "cheat days" still leave me at my calories needed for the day. I'll just have a bowl of white rice instead of brown rice when I "cheat".