Latic acid help

Options
Hi all,
Am starting out on my weight loss journey with 0-5k run app which I like due to being asthmatic the run walk intervals give me a chance to catch my breath, however while running I get a burning feeling in my right foot and a numbness that feels like pins and needles
This then leaves and I get a hot and heavy pain in my right ankle which start moving to my carf and left ankle, at which the pain is so bad I stop running. After a few minutes of walking the extreme pain goes away and am left with tightness in my lower carf for few days before I try again.

I stretch before and after, I could drink more water for sure.
Can you help me? Am I doing something wrong? Is this latic acid ? Or something else? How long will it feel like this if I keep powering though or am I doing more Damage?
I hope to hear from you soon ;)

Replies

• mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a combination of some sort of neuroma and achilles tendon issue. Make sure your shoe box isn’t too tight, even better, go to a running store and get fitted for a good pair of shoes. If pain persists, see a doctor. It has nothing to do with lactic acid (in fact, it has been debunked that lactic acid build up lead to muscle soreness)