Podcasts

Options
Does anyone have any podcasts to recommend? I find them motivating. I’m an older woman looking to lose about 50 pounds. Thanks!

Replies

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    What type of content are you looking for? Stories? Fitness motivation? (Any particular avenues? I lean toward running themed and now beginner triathlon). Any other hobbies?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Half Size Me is my favorite weight loss podcast.

Terrible, Thanks For Asking is a favorite general podcast. And Stuff You Should Know.
  • babecker1951
    babecker1951 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I should have been more specific. I am looking for more general weight loss stories and tips. How I Did It type stuff I suppose.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I should have been more specific. I am looking for more general weight loss stories and tips. How I Did It type stuff I suppose.
    I was thinking that might be the case, but sometime “motivating” for me is giving me a reason to go run so I can listen to something outside of the daily “moooommmmm!” 😜

I don’t have too many “favorites” just yet, still randomly wandering the podcast world... my go tos are more homeschooling related so not much help. Going to follow this for more ideas. Some of the fitness ones are way more technical than my brain can process (terms and acronyms I have NO CLUE about).
  • CoMoKate
    CoMoKate Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not Your Average Runner is my favorite running podcast.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I've listened to the first few episodes of "Food, We Need to Talk" and like what I'm hearing so far.
  • mscanadianbakin
    mscanadianbakin Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Strangers, hands down.
  • jonjonjon99
    jonjonjon99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Half Size Me, Million Pound Mission, Fitness Confidential (although he’s incredibly tiresome and dives off topic), Legendary Life, Logical Weight Loss...

They can all be quite hit and miss/repetitive at times, but usually pretty good to listen to regularly, remind yourself why you’re doing it, and help keep yourself motivated.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    We Only Look Thin and How to Stop Binge Eating with Kirsten Sarfde
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    No suggestions, but commenting to pick up any good podcast reccommendations. I'm a sucker for a good podcast.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    James Smith - however there's a lot of cursing so be prepared.

Lots of no nonsense weight, nutrition and fitness advice/interviews.
  • gbt77
    gbt77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Half Size Me
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I'm up to date with "Food, We Need to Talk" so started listening to the cohost Dr Eddie Phillip's earlier podcast series "The Magic Pill."

These episodes are annoyingly short, as far as I'm concerned. But if someone wants 5 minutes per day on why they should exercise, how to start exercising, and how to make it enjoyable, this could do the trick!
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Ditto on "Half Size Me." I'd also recommend "We Only Look Thin" which is a couple who have both lost over 100 pounds and they are funny and entertaining and I personally agree with all their advice. Catherine, one of the hosts, was featured as a guest on Half Size Me.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Half Size Me
  • amanda_durham35
    amanda_durham35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Losing 100 lbs with Phit-n-Phat. I’ll go ahead and warn you. She’s against calorie counting and has a potty mouth. I’ve lost 45 lbs following her methods (which are all common sense approaches to weight loss that you can do forever). I was a calorie counter before, lost 50 lbs and gained it all back plus some. I use MFP for weight tracking and occasionally look around in the community.
  • nurees
    nurees Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I second Phil and Phat. Corinne hits you from the psychological side. Very motivating.
  • awckie
    awckie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Another vote for We Only Look Thin.
  • Saskatchebun
    Saskatchebun Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I really like Cut The Fat, Cut Through Nutrition and Pound This :) Thanks for posting, ivd been looking for more podcasts too
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I really liked the latest episode of "Food, We Need to Talk," which was about eating disorders.

https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/id1490621476?mt=2

Juna reveals that she is battling an eating disorder and explores how and why dieting can tip into problem territory, and what to do about it. Experts in this episode include Jenny Thomas, co-director of the Eating Disorders Clinical and Research Program at Massachusetts General Hospital and Kristin Javaras, clinical psychologist at McLean Hospital.