weight when starting 30 day shred?

Options
considering getting the 30DS DVD but am 200 lbs and v unfit. has anyone used it this size?? not sure if i'll be able for it :(
what size/weight were you when you started it and more importantly finished??

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Yes you can! You may not be able to do everything but you can modify any of the moves. Don't sell your self short give it a try. The only regret you will have is not doing it. :flowerforyou:
  • jenkamac
    jenkamac Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's really geared for just about everyone. She does modifications on everything for people that aren't quite up for the real deal. It kicks your butt, but it's supposed to. It probably will be hard the first few times but your body will start to adapt. Do it, it's totally worth it. Start with 1 and stick with it for a week or so, then move on to 2. It's hard core - but you can make it as hard as you want really. But, that's the point right? To push yourself into a new body. Hope that helps!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I completed it!! Did the full 30 day. I was over 200 lbs when I did it!! You can do it!! You just got to want to do it!!!
  • staceyb00
    staceyb00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am doing it right now. Day 1 Level 2. I weigh 225 pounds and have been able to do it - she gives modified versions of some of the moves. If you feel you are having troubles - do the best you can and continue. Your endurance will build over time. One of my friends is doing it and lost 7.5 inches the first week. Trust me Jillian makes you work for it - but it's worth it!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started on 8/15. I am 5'2" and start weight was 175(ish). BMI I am still obese. (Down 5# already)

I am very active. Work out at least an hour a day (at least 5 days, but mostly 7 per week).

You can modify a lot, but will that discourage you???
  • methetree
    Options
    She has 400 lb people doing those moves.
    I am over 200 and have done Ripped in 30 and am working through 30 day shred now...
    will go back to Ripped when I am done and won't modify next time.

You can totally do it. Just listen to your body and modify when necessary!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Just keep moving! When all else fails for me i just go into squats with bicep curls or jumping jacks. lol it is a short workout and gives good results. I recommend it. My SO is actually starting it up today or tomorrow after seeing my results and he tried it out and enjoyed it.
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I did start it at 208 pounds and I had pretty bad shin splints. I wish I had stuck with it before. This is my 3rd time trying it and I'm at 177 right now. I just finished day 3 and feel great. I think it is a good investment to make :) Good luck
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1st time I am going to admit my weight on here for everyone to see, lol. I did the 30 day shred a year ago at 280 pounds and I hurt myself. I do not believe it was necessarily because of my weight but because of my form. Be very careful on the squats and lunges and if you need to modify something then do it. I did the shred again this April at 282 pounds. 30 days, no days off, no injuries. I never made it past level 1 the first time through but I am doing it again now, 42 pounds lighter but still heavier than you and I think I will make it to level 2 this time. You will want to die, lol...I wont lie. It is the hardest thing I have ever done. And it jumpstarted my journey. There were days I wanted to smack Jillian upside the head, but every time I get on the scale to a loss I want to hug her. We have a love hate relationship.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    oh thanks so much, sounds good so, i can modify as i need to. right i think i'll go order it...wish me luck!! :)
    oh and well done for completeing it!!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 today. I weigh 245. I've been working up to this since May and still had to modify push ups and hit pause between jumping jacks and jump rope, but I did it.

Give it a try!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    1st time I am going to admit my weight on here for everyone to see, lol. I did the 30 day shred a year ago at 280 pounds and I hurt myself. I do not believe it was necessarily because of my weight but because of my form. Be very careful on the squats and lunges and if you need to modify something then do it. I did the shred again this April at 282 pounds. 30 days, no days off, no injuries. I never made it past level 1 the first time through but I am doing it again now, 42 pounds lighter but still heavier than you and I think I will make it to level 2 this time. You will want to die, lol...I wont lie. It is the hardest thing I have ever done. And it jumpstarted my journey. There were days I wanted to smack Jillian upside the head, but every time I get on the scale to a loss I want to hug her. We have a love hate relationship.

I love/hate her as well! I roll my eyes and give her dirty looks while I am working out... but once it is done. I smile and think... Well, that was kinda fun, Thanks Jilly. :-)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I was somewhere around 230. The second time, I started at 208. I did harder workouts than 30DS when I was 260. You can definitely do it.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I have done the shred twice. My only piece of advice is stick with it. My first time through, I would have quit during the first set of jumping jacks and added it to my collection of fitness videos that, 2 minutes in, were just too hard. The only thing that kept me going was that I had joined a 30 DS group and I didn't want to admit to failure. It is challenging, but you can get through it.