Dennys is trying to kill!!

Options
Check out this 1,690 calorie meal.
This may be tempting to some people. If your trying to be good and don't want to see tempting food then do not look!
And to others this may look down right disgusting!
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. :happy:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/the-1-690-calorie-mac-n-cheeseburger-delicious-or-disgusting-2537060/

Replies

• nicksaysnever
    Options
    Yuck.

I hate when food is so obviously fake in those promotion pictures. It probably looks like a gloppy, greasy mess in real life.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Snobs! I'd hit it.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    ICK! That doesn't look good at all :sick:
  • josaleigh
    Options
    How about Chili's Texas Cheese Fries w/ Ranch a whopping 1960 calories!!!

Oh cheese fries, how you betray me!
  • PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yum O
  • Olive101109
    Options
    Ahhhhh!!!!!! :-(
  • kikimichelle88
    Options
    That is just nasty looking. Makes me want to puke up the hearty cereal i had for breakfast.
  • e_amanda
    Options
    Milestones has a 1600 calorie pasta dish. I can't remember what it's called but it's got penne with a pesto cream sauce. The other night 3 people at my table of 8 ordered it! I kept my mouth shut but was cringing each time the server brought out another bowl of the stuff.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    This doesn't look very good, but one of the better meals I've had was a 'Philly' pulled pork sandwich: A pulled pork sammich with mac n cheese on it. Unhealthy? Of Course. Tasty? You betcha
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love the part of how you can ask for even more cheese. It's like something written in The Onion. Seriously, how did they manage to get more calories in this than a patty melt with a side of mac and cheese? Which, by the way, I think I will have for lunch tomorrow!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    This doesn't look very good, but one of the better meals I've had was a 'Philly' pulled pork sandwich: A pulled pork sammich with mac n cheese on it. Unhealthy? Of Course. Tasty? You betcha
    That is the least Philly sandwich ever.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    A pulled pork sammich with mac n cheese on it.

The name alone puts me off....fnar :)
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to be a sucker for some of this stuff (much of the reason I'm in the shape I'm in now) but the idea of putting mac and cheese on stuff just makes no sense to me. CC's does a Mac and Cheese Pizza that just weirds me out. I think its the idea of pasta on bread of any sort.

What makes me mad though is that the worse this country's health problems get the more places like this seem to try to make something even less healthy. Its like its a challenge to them or something.
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    haha just got an e-mail from Denny's with a 20% off coupon to try their new "cheesey" menu. I nearly died when I saw that one dish is over my caloric intake for the whole day, but it didn't surprise me! Why does horrible food have to taste so good?! :devil:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    They say a calorie is a unit of energy. I say a calorie is a unit of how good food tastes :)

It's up to them if they want to sell that thing. You cant blame them. It's the customers fault if they buy it and eat it. It's the same with things like McDonalds. One McDonalds meal every now and then will do you no harm whatsoever. The company doesnt make you eat it every single day. That's a choice that you, the customer, makes. Therefore, its your own fault, no one elses.
  • Dijon360
    Options
    There was a time in the not so distant past where that would have looked delicious to me. No so any longer. It should come with a side order of Lipitor, not french fries!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    That is the least Philly sandwich ever.

Not arguing that with you, that's just what it's called by the place I used to get it from =)
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Snobs! I'd hit it.

:laugh: Too funny! I admit I would probably try a bite, but in no way would I ever actually order and eat a whole one.
  • kelmcd57
    Options
    I feel my arteries clogging just looking at it.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    What, no bacon?!

Seriously though it doesn't appeal to me at all. Kinda gross looking.