A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants.

Replies

• rajikaurbajna
    rajikaurbajna Posts: 21 Member
    Need help in setting the activity level. So I work from home and have a desk job but I do not sit more than 6 hours. I cook once a day, take care of 2 year and 6 year in the evening (not lot of running), 20 mins exercise on most of the days. Right now I have set to LIGHTLY ACTIVE , after reading this post , I feel like I am under sedentary. Please suggest ...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited August 2019
    Need help in setting the activity level. So I work from home and have a desk job but I do not sit more than 6 hours. I cook once a day, take care of 2 year and 6 year in the evening (not lot of running), 20 mins exercise on most of the days. Right now I have set to LIGHTLY ACTIVE , after reading this post , I feel like I am under sedentary. Please suggest ...

Depends on which system you are trying to use. But under Sedentary is totally wrong direction.

On the TDEE system you are easily in the Active category with exercise and daily life combined.
    Your daily life with kids is already Lightly-Active, exercise just bumped you up a level. (unless exercise is very slow walking for 20 min).

On the MFP system you are still Lightly Active with household responsibilities - and then you would add the exercise when actually done - which sounds about daily.

At the end of the week - they would likely end up at the same amount of average daily burned.
    Though on TDEE system you eat the same amount daily - may be good for planning. But you better workout.
    On the MFP system you vary amount eaten daily - so maybe harder to plan.
  • jafinnearty
    jafinnearty Posts: 59 Member
    I want sexypants, too! Never had them before, so that could be fun!
  • EternallyAngela
    EternallyAngela Posts: 10 Member
    I just found this MUCH needed post. Bummed the links are dead. :(

Anyway, thanks for this!
  • MonaLisainCT
    MonaLisainCT Posts: 41 Member
    I just found this MUCH needed post. Bummed the links are dead. :(

Anyway, thanks for this!

Me too!
    I guess the links in the first post are archived now. :(

• hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Great info and the best I have read on here.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    @boohumphrey

Go to page 1 and start reading. 😉
  • EternallyAngela
    EternallyAngela Posts: 10 Member
    Many thanks @Alex !!
  • EmilyEnough
    EmilyEnough Posts: 67 Member
    I have modeled and want to again. Sexy pants logic, of you, I am proud. Im a former weight loss consultant too, and also? A secret food addict.

Ready for my own pair of long term sexy pants. Y'all feel free to add meh🙃
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    bump
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Need to reread this thread as a counterweight ( :wink: ) to the excesses of Christmas and the New Year :blush:
  • quiksylver296
    9l4ay55wwyy7.gif
  • Cilantrocat
    Cilantrocat Posts: 81 Member
    I always come back to this post, it is a great reminder to be reasonable with urself.
  • Viktorija34
    Viktorija34 Posts: 41 Member
    I found this article very useful, thank you!
  • mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    Great thread!
  • Barrigon160
    Barrigon160 Posts: 7 Member
    Like your drums!
  • quiksylver296
    4ov7u1jsfd36.gif
  • norman_cates
    norman_cates Posts: 95 Member
    Yeah well. Metrics are very valuable if you can even extract them from the system. Currently MFP doesn't give you any actually useful graphs to be able to compare weight change vs calorie differences. And at this moment in time, we can't even export our data.
  • PaintedPlay
    PaintedPlay Posts: 51 Member
    I believe this post is due another bump!