Tips on losing 10lbs a month? Let me know

Options
I’m interested in losing 30lbs. I’d like to do so by losing 10lbs a month. Anyone have any legitimate tips? Please let me know

Replies

• bsmaltz2
    bsmaltz2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion would be to drink as much water as you can.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    How feasible this is depends on what you now weigh and how old you are. At my age and height, I would have to chop off a leg, but I don't think that's the kind of advice you want. ;)
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You might lose a lot of water weight quickly at first but you wont be able to sustain losing 10lbs of actual fat a month.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If you have 30 pounds to lose, you won't be able to sustain that rate of loss in a healthy manner. You don't have the fat stores of an obese individual.
  • Belgica100
    Belgica100 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Lots of water, lots of tea, lots of running, keeping track of calories and also intermittent fasting. Stop eating at 6:00 PM. That has worked for me. You have to burn more calories than what you eat. Might not be the BEST way, but works for me.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    aigodan wrote: »
    I’m interested in losing 30lbs. I’d like to do so by losing 10lbs a month. Anyone have any legitimate tips? Please let me know

The only legit tip would be to start out weighing at least 325 lbs.

The typical recommendation is to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week, at the most. When you lose weight aggressively fast, you will lose a lot of muscle along with the fat.

Your body can only burn so much fat at a time, it's like watching a fire burn through the logs in a fireplace. It doesn't just poof right through it, it takes time. If you ask for more fuel than your body can burn in fat at a time, it has to look for some other fuel, like your muscles, or it has to stop doing non-essential tasks, like growing your hair and nails or repairing your cells.

Unfortunately the diet industry uses the promise of unrealistic weight loss to sell us stuff all the time, so it makes it sound like a perfectly reasonable idea, but it's really not.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

So far, this is the only advice you need to actually listen to