on-the-go food

Options
so i am a full time college student, and work 3 days out of the week... I need to find something other than oatmeal, luna bars, and kind bars that won't go bad throughout the day that I can eat! Always eating carbs is not giving me a good amount of nutrients... granted, the bars and oatmeal I eat provide me enough fiber and protein, I do need to eat ACTUAL food lol...help!! what do you guys do for quick food??

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Could you pack a lunch with a lunch box? That's what I do when I'm at school all day. I have a small ice pack that I put in the insulated lunch box, and make a sandwhich and bring yogurt too.
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, some kind of fruit with peanut butter.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have go-to's that I eat for fast food when I'm on the go a lot. Just look up your favorite places and look at their nutritional info. Most have some pretty healthy choices. HTH!
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    They sell the mini cans of flaked white tuna at Safeway that have an easy lid.
    I always pair it with celery sticks, and carrots in a small baggy.

Buy a small container of low fat tzatziki or hummus and you've got a whole low-carb meal right there! Need a small carb? Add a slice of ezekiel bread.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    apple and JIF to go cup, pb and banana sandwich, bowl of fruit, yogurt, almonds! :) i'm a college student as well
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Mostly nuts: almonds, pistachios, any kind will do, Jerky (if you can find some healthy kind, i make my own), ThinkThin bars, bananas, Mary's Gone Crackers crackers and sticks and twigs, dried fruit, fruit leather, cheese, a small tupperware of peanut butter and cut up apples or celery.

I eat gluten free so I never ever leave home without at least a bag of almonds.

Make some kind of healthy bread and make it into muffins that you can pop into a bag, they don't crumble that way like bread would. If you want to avoid carby bread try paleo muffins from Elena's Pantry Blog.