Allergic to Citric Acid but need Vitamin C!

Options
beatleschic87
beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
Anyone who can help me with this? I just recently developed a severe allergy to citric acid and I feel like I'm getting sick. Usually I just chew some airborne or eat an orange or drink cranberry juice but I can't do that. Any suggestions?

Replies

• StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    I take Walgreen's 1000mg Vitamin C, one per day.

Ingredients listed on back of bottle:
    Ascorbic Acid
    Microcrystalline Cellulose
    Corn Starch
    Crospovidone
    Hydroxypropyl Cellulose
    Stearic Acid
    Magnesium Stearate
    Silicon Dioxide

Don't know if that would help you or not.
  • downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Anyone who can help me with this? I just recently developed a severe allergy to citric acid and I feel like I'm getting sick. Usually I just chew some airborne or eat an orange or drink cranberry juice but I can't do that. Any suggestions?

How did you know you have allergies to citric acid. I've been sick for a year and they can't figure out what's wrong. After a lot of research and elimination I am doubting citric acid but read that sometimes it doesn't show up on a prick test
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    What about echinacea? Or zinc? I'm not sure if that's safe though. Look into a daily probiotic for immunity.
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i cant have any citric acid in fruit, tomatoes, gummies , vitamins- my mouth becomes full of cold sores and my pee burns. I can eat parsley and spinach with no bad results and cooked sweet peppers. I am experimenting. I try to drink more water to counter act sodium and vitamin c both watersulable.
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i also take d-mannose for healthier bladder.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Red bell pepers have 3 times the amount of vitaminC than an orange does. Also Broccoli is good for vitamin C as well.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    have 3 times the amount of vitaminC than an orange does. Also Broccoli is good for vitamin C as well.

I'd rather load up on the highlighted than oranges. With temps being so unpredictable this past year, the harvests have been hit and miss . Your recommended are more reliable taste-wise, disappointment proof and accessible all year round.👐