Determined while healing

I’ve been in the process of lossing weight since the beginning of last year. On April of 2019, I was 190 lbs. and the calling to get healthier came to mind. I was in a row, 80% mentally and 20% physically active. Everything stop on 7/12/18 after a car accident that left me hurt and days after that I sparin my foot and ankle. I’ve been frustrated ever since, and I had to continue the promise of getting healthy. I added this up and just by eating right I’ve lost 7.2 pounds. To some might not be alot but due to my condition it feels like volictory. I’ve gotten two spinal injections in a three months period. I need tips of exercises I can do to get my neck amd back stronger. Help! 1hu62g85ng7c.jpeg

Replies

• NellyB3th
    NellyB3th Posts: 4 Member
    Got it, thank you!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Congrats on being successful with your attention to diet. This is a huge piece in the weight loss puzzle, so keep on with that, for sure.

In terms of exercise, well, after a car accident and sustaining injury, you want to harness your momentum there until you are healed, at least in terms of pushing limits. Speak with your doctor about physical therapy, and also about which kinds of movements are beneficial for you. You are in a process of healing, so that places you in a different space than those without injuries. With time, you will be able to exercise as usual (most likely), so take the time to heal and focus on diet, as well as movement that aids you in healing. I understand that you have a goal to strengthen your back and neck. Talk to your professional support team about what can look like for you. Hang in there!