Aim to reach 5% fat

Hello everyone. I am dragondaksh and in the span of 11 months i have lost 15 kg with cadio and strength training from 107 kg to 92, i am really happy. But now from last 3 months i am stuck to 92 kg and even after having same routine, only getting structural shape improvement in body but same weight. So i have decided to use my fitness pal to track what is going wrong in diet. I hope to reach 85 kg with 5% body fat. I believe currently i am 25 to 30% body fat. Hope so to achieve greatness soon. Happy workout people!!!

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Sounds like great progress so far! What can you do now that you couldn't do before?

5% body fat is very low. As you get lower in %BF you can re-assess. Do you have any performance goals?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,919 Member
    Professional bodybuilders on stage get to 5% body fat. It's NOT SUSTAINABLE. Well unless you want to feel weak and not eat hardly anything for the rest of your life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    5% body fat is not realistic. It is the lowest of the low that bodybuilders get to for competition purposes. They don't even maintain there.

If you are currently as high as 25-30 percent, why don't you set a reasonable target such as 15-20%, and then reassess from there if you can successfully go lower?
  • fitnessguy266
    fitnessguy266 Posts: 150 Member
    edited January 2020
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Professional bodybuilders on stage get to 5% body fat. It's NOT SUSTAINABLE. Well unless you want to feel weak and not eat hardly anything for the rest of your life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This....OP the weakened, malnourished state is certainly not worth it. I get to 7% around competition time, but it is the absolute lowest I will EVER lower my bf% to compete, and trust me....as a natural 7% is as lean as you would ever want to be, and that's a challenge within itself....there is no bodybuilder/fitness competitor that walks around feeling "okay" at that level, not one.
  • swclifton
    swclifton Posts: 421 Member
    So, question for a guy who is late 50's and bf% is at 20% should we set a goal of 15%? I'd sure like to get there. Ideas for how to get it?
  • swclifton
    swclifton Posts: 421 Member
    Got it to 20% from a high of about 28%