Calling All Mommies. Hints/Tips For A Post Baby Workout To Strengthen Core?

Options
After having my kids I have lost the brunt of the weight I wanted to, however, the mid section needs some serious attention and toning. I have recently started lifting fairly light weights, around 5kg. Just interested to see of anyone has a weights routine they do to tone tummy skin and build some muscle..

I'm not looking to have a ripped 6 pack but a firmer tummy would be great!

Any helpful tips or advice welcome please!!

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Heres my only warning, after babies you can have ab seperation, also known as diasastis recti. This can be made worse through ab exercises. ( it can also ive heard be helped with certain exercises, which i am unaware of) i had this and nothing besides surgery would help. This may not be the case for you, but felt important to share
  • degaia3
    degaia3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There are ways to test for diastis recti at home and there are also non-surgical ways to help the problem. Do some research just so you can rule that out to make sure certain exercises won’t be harmful. The wellness mama blog has some good info and resources on DR.

I wish I had advice to share on your question..I am a mom too but just starting the journey to trying to really commit and lose the extra belly weight.