What a year 2019 was for me.

FreedomSand
FreedomSand Posts: 30 Member
edited January 2020 in Success Stories
I made significant lifestyle changes.

I eliminated: gluten, soy, Canola oil, dairy (except 2 eggs per week), refined sugar. Stopping gluten was hard; it was also key to my success.

I added: probiotics . . . live active cultures, at least daily sometimes twice daily. To replace gluten, I now use amaranth, buckwheat, corn, rice, spelt, and teff. Searching out recipes to make things I like with one of these was an adventure.

I started walking. Outdoors when possible at the local rail trail, when the weather was poor I walk at the local mall. I walk for one hour, as briskly as I can. I cover 3.6 to 3.8 miles, at least 5 days per week.

I am a work in progress; still have 35 pounds to go, that will get me to the top of the normal weight range for my height. I could NOT have done this without My Fitness Pal.

Here are my changes in one year:
d7oje90x8the.jpg

Replies

• FreedomSand
    FreedomSand Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2020
    Ahahaaa, thank you @JeromeBarry1

Old school teaching: eggs were grouped with milk and cheese when figuring out RDA (recommended daily allowances). Yep, I am old.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!