Les Mills BodyCOMBAT

Options
I'm thinking of trying BodyCOMBAT tonight at my gym to free me from the boredom of my 90 minute treadmill and elliptical routine I always do. Has anyone done this and enjoyed it? I am a Turbo Jam fan but I don't think it's very similar to that. I'm still heavy and not in shape so I don't want to embarrass myself!

Replies

• bex95123
    Options
    I LOVE Body Combat! It's a class for all levels. First class could be overwhelming but stick with it. If your gym offers other Les Mills programs, try them out as well. Combat, Pump, Step, Attack, and Flow - all excellent! Good luck and more importantly have fun!
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm going to BodyCombat tonight too! I fell in love with kickboxing from the first class I took at my old gym 5 years ago. It's a lot of fun and the class goes by very quickly. It incorporates all different kinds of martial arts - the street fighting is my favorite because the music really gets you going. Good way to let out your anger too.

You will feel it in your shoulders, back and legs the next day.

The hardest thing is the coordination. It takes a couple times and then it's second nature. You can keep it lower impact by not jumping and you'll still get a great workout. Don't be embarrassed! It really is a lot of fun. Good luck!
  • louvt
    louvt Posts: 1
    Options
    hi there. i have been doing les mills body combat. pump, attack, jam, balance for many years now.Combat is amazing but i would say stick at it, first time i went i felt really silly, buy the 3rd i was loving it x
    :smile:
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Combat. I am overweight and don't look as graceful as some of the others in the room but I give it 100% and can now punch as hard and kick as high as the skinnys. Give it a go. The first class will be difficult but stick with it. Once you get the hang of the moves you'll be hooked. You can even do your homework and learn the moves on the lesmills website.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do Combat 3 times a week (for about 2 years now) Love it!! At first it takes a bit of getting used to the moves. And you can always do thing low impact (march when they do scissors, crossjacks, etc). Stick with it a few times before you decide if you like it or not. I agree that the time flies, the music gets you pumped and you can take out your frustrations stress all in one class! How good is that?! :wink:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Rumor has it that Les Mills is pairing up with Beachbody.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Combat. I am overweight and don't look as graceful as some of the others in the room but I give it 100% and can now punch as hard and kick as high as the skinnys. Give it a go. The first class will be difficult but stick with it. Once you get the hang of the moves you'll be hooked. You can even do your homework and learn the moves on the lesmills website.

Ok, your "kick as high as the skinnys" comment really made me laugh out loud! :laugh: Thanks for your input!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your opinions!!! I think I'm going to give it a shot tonight and probably snag a spot in the back of the room so I don't feel like 50 people are watching me trip over myself! I will also wear my HRM and I'm hoping for a high burn! I believe it's a 60 minute class here.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I hope you enjoy it! I LOVE Body combat. It's not as intense as Attack or Step imo but much more intense than Jam, Balance or Pump. All Les Mills classes are awesome.

You should get a good burn too. It's 380 ish calories for 60 minutes for me.
  • CrystalCzarnecki
    Options
    I too love Body Combat. It is an awesome class and I am hooked. Right now I take Combat on Mondays and Pump on Thursdays. It is fun... and a definite work out. You will sweat like crazy but have a blast doing it!! Try it... cause you will never know until you try!! Good luck! :)