pasta

is spaghetti good for you. Getting mixed messages

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Why would pasta not be good for you?
    Foods aren't good and bad. If you like pasta, eat it.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Good for you in what way?

The only reasons I can imagine it would be bad are:
    - you have a medical reason not to eat it
    - you don’t like it
    - you’re not able to stop with only the amount you want to eat
    - you can’t or don’t want to fit it into your calorie/macro goals
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited January 2020
    Nothing wrong with pasta! I had it tonight in fact. I portioned out how much I could eat within my calorie goal and enjoyed it.

If you like pasta and don’t have to stay away from it for some medical reason, then eat it!
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    All foods are considered good in order to have a well balanced diet. However if you would like an option with more fiber, try whole wheat pasta or gluten free, you can get pasta made from lentil or chickpea flour
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Sure. Pasta is a good source of complex carbs, as well as fiber (especially whole wheat versions), and a respectable amount of protein.

Any food is bad for you if you overeat it and it causes you to be in a calorie surplus. It doesn't matter what the food is. But pasta in moderate amounts can absolutely fit within your calorie goals, and I would argue fills certain important parts of nutrition as part of a balanced diet with other foods.

I had some wheat pasta yesterday with cream cheese baked salmon and broccoli for a nutritious, well rounded meal.